Viewing Fireworks Sunday 10/25!

LucyDiamond

I've been following the messages here and news sources about the fireworks show for the QE2 and QM2 this Sunday. Several places have been mentioned for viewing but, I'm wondering why no one has mentioned Liberty State Park in Jersey City. We're planning on viewing them from Liberty State Park and arriving around 6pm to get a good spot. Are we making a mistake? Thanks!

Lucy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;6;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

QM2 sailing out of NYC! 06-Nov-2004

I was debating the same thing myself. My apartment in Jersey City actually has a great view of the Hudson and the cruise ship terminal in Manhattan but, I can't see Ellis Island or the Statue of Liberty. According to a diagram that a friend emailed me Liberty State Park seems like a good location as the barge with the fireworks will be just east of Ellis Island.

Hope that helps.

Liberty state park is one of the best places to view fireworks by the statue of liberty. I've been there for a couple of shows in my lifetime. Of course for this occasion the prime location is in the city at Battery Park, That way the fireworks and the statue are the backdrop for the two ships.

NCL Dawn 11/02/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2003;11;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We've decided to view the fireworks from Liberty State Park. My thought is that the Statue of Liberty might be obstructed by the QM2 from Battery Park. Plus, it's always great to view fireworks with the Manhattan skyline in the background.

Earlier in the day we're going to the Intrepid Museum because it seems to be an ideal place to see the ships in port. To me, the $14.50 entrance fee is well worth the price for the photo op. icon_wink.gif There's some great photos of the Concorde with the QM2 in the background at the Intrepid website. I can just imagine the photo ops from there of the QE2 and QM2. I also understand the Norwegian Dawn will be in port also. I'm hoping they will be lined up in such a way that we can see all three and get a real perspective as to the size of the QM2.

Lucy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;6;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

QM2 sailing out of NYC! 06-Nov-2004

Archived