tour recommendations for Villefranche

Hello,

I have tried to book a private excursion with Michel Legrand of Revelation Tours as he was given very good reviews. He was not available and recommended Dream Tours. I have e-mailed them several times with no response. I also e-mailed Sylvie de Cristo several times as she (?) was given some good reviews. I have not heard back from her either. Can anyone give me any more suggestions as to a reputable person that I might contact? Thanks!

Stephanie

Stephanie,

Both Dream Tours and Sylvie are highly recommended on this board. We used Michel in Oct. for our tour guide & he was wonderful. However, my 2nd choice was Dream Tours. You really can't go wrong w/ any of them. Dream Tours was very responsive in emailing me so just be a bit more patient and see what happens. Did you make sure you have the right email addresses?

I had a couple of other names & will see if I can find them for you. What do you want to see in Villefranche? We visited Monaco, Eze, St. Paul De Vence, Nice. It was a full day of touring for us but well worth it.

Mary

http://www.tourazur.com/ang/index.html#I00000008

Someone gave me the name of the tourazur company listed above but I do not know anything about them.

http://www.alaindreamtours.com (this is the email address I used)

I also emailed the med-tour that terrybiz has listed above. I do not know anyone that took a tour with them.

Good luck.

Mary

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions. I tried Alain and Sylvie again...still no response. I did however, just book Hans, so thank you very much for that referral! I think that we are all set now. We have private tours booked for Naples, Rome, Florence/Pisa and Villefranche. We also have hotels booked for Venice and Barcelona. This planning has been a full-time job! I don't know what I would do without the generosity of those on the boards. What a huge help!

Stephanie

Hi Kathy,

We just cruised this past October and I had booked w/ Michel of Revelations for 2 vans of 8 passengers each. Our cost was E600.00 per van (not pp) so the cost was very reasonable for all day. I can't speak highly enough of Michel. He was awesome! He had a nice Mercedes van that accommodated 8 passengers nicely. My husband and I sat in the front for part of the ride and in the back for part of the ride. I just wanted to see how the ride was in the back and the acoustics, etc. Michel uses a microphone so everyone can hear and he also uses a CD commentary for the places you will be saying. It was really a very nice tour. The van was easy to get in and out of also.

Mary

• 2 months later...

We used Jean Marc with Alain of Dream Tours and he was wonderful. You can also check with Eva Devemy. She does tours in Marseilles/Provence and also will take you on a tour in Villefranche. She is very knowledgeable and does not seem to come up on the Villefranche/Eze/Nice tour guide boards but she should. Dream Tours does have three different drivers so therefore if you have a problem, there is a great chance Alain can find a remedy. I know we all have days where things go wrong or we get sick, so I would prefer a guide that offers alternatives. We had noticed that there were problems with one of the tour guides that everyone speaks highly of but she had some kind of illiness that caused a lot of tours to be dropped at the last minute.

We were very happy with Dream Tours but equally liked Eva Devemy from Provence and if Dream Tours had been booked we would have used Eva.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone,

I received the following email from Sylvie Di Cristo whom many of you may know and have booked for your up coming tours in the Nice, Cannes and Monte Carlo area. She asked that I post this for those of you that may not have heard back from her recently. Her computer is now up and running again and asks that you resend her any emails that you might have sent to her.

From Sylvie: "A virus has erased all my e-mails received from May 6th before I had time to answer them. Could you please post a message on cruise critic asking the guests who wrote me recently and never got an answer from me to re-write because I lost their mail ? I do not want them to think that I am being rude not even answering & I am also afraid that I missed some confirmations for tours."

Regards,

Debbie

You can also check with Eva Devemy. She does tours in Marseilles/Provence and also will take you on a tour in Villefranche. She is very knowledgeable and does not seem to come up on the Villefranche/Eze/Nice tour guide boards but she should.
Would you please list contact information for Eva? I need to check with her for Marseille, but I'm sure others reading this thread could use the information for Villefranche too.

Thanks,

Donna

provencesightseeing@tiscali.fr is Eva's email address. I hope this helps you or anyone else who needs a different person for tours in Marseilles or Villefranche.
Thank you for this information. We prefer Dream Tours in Villefranche too and had a wonderful experience with them, but we may need a guide in Marseille this year, so thank you for posting.

:) Donna

I've been reading the boards for private tour recommendations and have gotten alot of good irecommendations, however, one question that comes up and I have yet to see an answer is tipping. When you book a private tour is it customary to tip the driver and if so HOW MUCH? Is the tipping custom based on the country you are visiting - Spain, Italy, France?

We will be taking a few private shore excursion while in Naples and Florence and would like to be well informed and do the proper thing.

Thanks in advance!

we are sailing on the jewel on june 11 out of barcelona , we were going to do a couple of NCL offered excursions....are we off base with this , are private tours the way to go ?????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I've been reading the boards for private tour recommendations and have gotten alot of good irecommendations, however, one question that comes up and I have yet to see an answer is tipping. When you book a private tour is it customary to tip the driver and if so HOW MUCH? Is the tipping custom based on the country you are visiting - Spain, Italy, France?

We will be taking a few private shore excursion while in Naples and Florence and would like to be well informed and do the proper thing.

Thanks in advance!

We tipped about 10 - 15% across the board for all of our tours. Didn't matter which country.

we are sailing on the jewel on june 11 out of barcelona , we were going to do a couple of NCL offered excursions....are we off base with this , are private tours the way to go

Just my opinion, but we loved our private excursions. We saw so much more than the ships tours. We were able to get to sights before the crowds, we jumped lines thanks to our guides (ticked a couple of the ships tours off doing this ). I'll always remember getting to the Acropolis with hardly anyone there and then fighting the crowds on the way down as all the ships excursions were just arriving.

Archived