El Yunque Reopening

PyrHeaven

Has anyone been to El Yunque since it has reopened? Curious if enough is open to make the trip worthwhile.

I'm debating on if we want to head to the rainforest for an excursion or do Bacardi and Old San Juan.

We are a family of 4. My kids are 7 and 1. Me and the kids have never been to San Juan. My husband has been twice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Has anyone been to El Yunque since it has reopened? Curious if enough is open to make the trip worthwhile.

I'm debating on if we want to head to the rainforest for an excursion or do Bacardi and Old San Juan.

We are a family of 4. My kids are 7 and 1. Me and the kids have never been to San Juan. My husband has been twice.

I am curious as well about the rain forest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

El Yunque is only partially reopened. Most of the trails and roads are closed. You can go up to la Coca Falls and do a short trail walk. The Visitors Center is closed. There are no facilities to speak of. Your best bet is to hire a professional tour guide who can navigate around the damage.

Now, having said that, don't rule out a visit to the Rainforest. The impact of the hurricanes is great, but so is the resiliency of nature as it heals itself. It's something few people experience and see live in front of their eyes. You should try it.

• 2 weeks later...
El Yunque is only partially reopened. Most of the trails and roads are closed. You can go up to la Coca Falls and do a short trail walk. The Visitors Center is closed. There are no facilities to speak of. Your best bet is to hire a professional tour guide who can navigate around the damage.

Now, having said that, don't rule out a visit to the Rainforest. The impact of the hurricanes is great, but so is the resiliency of nature as it heals itself. It's something few people experience and see live in front of their eyes. You should try it.

We did decide to do a guided private tour after all. Thanks!