Insanity - Part Deaux

Would love to get your opinion on Insanity. I searched and didn't find a thread so not sure if you had one going before or not.

Is this truly something that you can do at any level and intensity? I'm pretty fit, but read some reviews about injuries to knees and joints and it concerns me.

I assume because you are doing it a second time you were pleased with the results. Would you say it is much better than other work outs you have done?

It's a very good program, and is very intense. I have also done P90X and P90X2. I would not say it's better than those, just different. Insanity is high intensity cardio that also uses body weight as resistance. I would say that if you are in good shape or decent shape that you could do this, but be ready :) It is intense.

This is my first round. Just did Cardio Plyo yesterday. Spent the last month doing Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 to get in shape. This workout still kicked my butt. I won't completely finish the 60 days since I sail 9/26, but looking forward to seeing some changes before we head to MX.

• 4 weeks later...
Monday morning will start anotehr round of Insanity. Any one care to join me?

How is it going this round?

I have a few more questions. I started the program, and definitely getting a good workout, but wondering about results. I work out at high intensity (the recommended 85%) and definitely work up a sweat and have difficulty on some moves. However I don't feel sore at all afterward as I am used to with weight lifting type workouts. Do you supplement Insanity with other exercises?

I'm just wondering how well this really does at building muscle tone.

Also, do you keep your heart rate at 85% throughout? Or should it go lower at any point?

Thanks!

How is it going this round?

I have a few more questions. I started the program, and definitely getting a good workout, but wondering about results. I work out at high intensity (the recommended 85%) and definitely work up a sweat and have difficulty on some moves. However I don't feel sore at all afterward as I am used to with weight lifting type workouts. Do you supplement Insanity with other exercises?

I'm just wondering how well this really does at building muscle tone.

Also, do you keep your heart rate at 85% throughout? Or should it go lower at any point?

Thanks!

Don't neglect nutrition. It will account for 80% of your results. I do supplement somewhat, I'll throw in a couple of sets of pullups and pullups for upper body resistance. I've seen great results with the program. My favorite program is P90X though because I like the resistance.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived