Trying to book 2017

Hello Ashby,

did your TA compare the online Thomson itineraries with the brochure as some displayed online are incorrect. I telephoned Thomson's just under 2 weeks ago. The problem was passed on to their IT Department but there are so many issues they are snowed under.

Did the TA charge a "booking fee" ?

Sorry about all the questions but we are in two minds as to what to do as on the last occasion we used a Thomson TA it was a disaster and Mrs Len vowed never to use them again.

Len

We used a small independent TA who we use a lot. I manage aged to get a price on line on Sunday whilst away at our sons but was not in a position to book. Vaguely remembered the price. Try again several times after arriving home with no luck.Rang the TA and asked for a quote which was higher but gave us a discount which although may not have matched I was happy with. Wanted to get booked asap as decided for various reasons to go for a inside plus cabin at the rear of deck 8 of which there were only 8. They were given a good write up when with Royal Carribbean and I thought they may get snapped up. After waiting so long for a ship with balconies decided they were a bit pricey for the time of year we are going,the amount of time we spend in the cabin and also the basic one was small.Hope this helps

We always use a local independent TA too. never had any problems. We can do it all over the phone or pop into the shop. They used to beat the online price by quite a bit but now just match plus £20 as Thomson have cut their commission drastically and if they match the online price they make nothing at all on the sale, (at least that's what they tell me!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app