San Diego Hotels near cruise terminal

Diane F

I didn't get the room through priceline or similar site, but if ultimate convenience is your number one priority, then try the Holiday Inn On-the-Bay! It is directly across the street from the cruise terminal in San Diego. Even so, they have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal. Also, they have a 2 story parking deck. They charged us $100 for for ten days and our car was out of the elements and the parking lot/deck is controlled access. You can request a room facing the harbor/bay, although the rate may be a bit higher. There is another Holiday Inn on the harbor as well, but the one above has "On-the-Bay" as part of it's name. Hope this helps!

Diane-boy, I wish I could remember how much the hotel was! I have made so many hotel reservations since then, I cannot recall. I know it was not as expensive as some of the newer high rise hotels south of the Holiday Inn. I'm pretty sure it was under $200 for a harbor view room. Also, the parking fee was actually for more than 10 days, I think it was good for almost 3 weeks but our cruise was only for 10 days. IIRC, I think if you are a guest at the Inn, it was $100 for 30-days, I think. Anyway, it was cheper than the $12/day rate for the outdoor Allright parking lot next door!

Archived