Oxygen on board

Sueseb

We have cruised many times but this will be the first time since my husband is using oxygen. When we travel his O2 company supplies us with a small tank (liquid O2) that is strapped into the back seat of the car. They would do this for us as we will be driving to Port Canavaral but how do we get it aboard? It is quite heavy. Do we need to notify the cruise line?

Thanks for any info. This is not an immediate problem as we don't leave till March.

sue

Although my mother doesn't use the liquid O2, I think the situation is the same. I believe that you have to get your O2 through a company such as Cruisecare.com or scootaround.com. I think that your best bet would be to call the Special Needs Department of your cruise line and find out for sure.

some cruise lines will let you provide your own oxygen, so check with the special needs dept. But I'm thinking that it might just be easier for you to have it delivered to the ship. If that is the case you have to use an "approved provider" (of which Care Vacations/Cruise ship Assist - mentioned earler) is one. You can get a list of approved providers from the special needs department.

Candy

Archived