Safety in San Juan

sbm22

Hello,

There is a group of us going and of course we will be together, but some in the group are leary about venturing out after dark and would prefer to stick to the hotel.

Can anyone share their experiences with me?

Thanks!

We were at the Holiday Inn Express in the Condado area. We walked all around that area going to dinner on Halloween night with no problem. A political rally was occurring at the same time, and truckloads of young people kept driving by waving flags and banners, and we waved and celebrated with them. There was a strong police presence on the street, both walking and driving. I felt safe.

The week earlier we took a cab to dinner and then back to the hotel. Definitely safe!

Just like any other resort area there is crime there. Just use your head and you will be fine. Travel in a group, do not flash money or valuables around, keep purses and wallets secure, and be observant. Criminals always go for the people that don't pay attention to their surroundings and seem to be easy targets. There is a big police presence in the area. Crime is everywhere and San Juan is no exception. I saw the same amount of shady people that I have seen in Orlando, Las Vegas, etc.... Have a great trip! Don't worry your selves out of a great vacation, but still be observant to your surroundings at all time and you will be fine.

Just like any other resort area there is crime there. Just use your head and you will be fine. Travel in a group, do not flash money or valuables around, keep purses and wallets secure, and be observant. Criminals always go for the people that don't pay attention to their surroundings and seem to be easy targets. There is a big police presence in the area. Crime is everywhere and San Juan is no exception. I saw the same amount of shady people that I have seen in Orlando, Las Vegas, etc.... Have a great trip! Don't worry your selves out of a great vacation, but still be observant to your surroundings at all time and you will be fine.

Well said. You can say the same about any large city. Use common sense and you will be fine. Enjoy San Juan and your cruise.

Archived