Vivitar Aquashot Underwater Camera

nicki1pt

All of the bargain underwater cameras I've tried in the past haven't been very good - but I've never tried that one. Last year before our Disney cruise I bought a Cannon Powershot D10. It's an underwater camera (up to 30ft) and a regular camera and is AMAZING. Love Love Love it.

Yeah. I'm not hearing too many good reviews for this vivitar thing...think it's a gimmick. I'm thinking to get a good one you have to invest. I may just get the Kodak underwater ones for this time and next cruise buy a real one...:0. I just want to get some nice pictures of the sea life for my daughter...but can't afford to buy a fancy one right now.

We're going to purchase the Canon D10 for our upcoming cruise, and like you, we're on a budget. We thought about buying the disposable underwater cameras but it just comes down to what you find more important. You will never have this particular experience again and for us it was worth it to save up for the D10 than to risk having poor quality photos or no pictures at all - which does happen.

I've been keeping my eye out on the price and it is slowly dropping, not much, but it is. The current list price is for $329.99 but Amazon has it on for $277.54 with free shipping.

I would guess that the $24 digital camera would give you at least as good a picture as the disposable camera, and at a cheaper overall cost. The lens & sensor are key. If it was me, I'd search out a couple reviews, but go with the cheap digital over disposable. With disposable cameras I've been lucky to get one good shot out of a roll, with digital at least you can see what you took.

On the other hand, if I already had a reasonable digital camera, I'd just buy the "MY Aqua Case" that fit and use that. I use one all the time, and I love it. I can't use the zoom, I can't switch from auto to manual, but I can turn on the camera and take pictures. That's all I really want from a camera for snorkeling. I like it over the DiCaPac because it fits the camera better. It hasn't even leaked for me in several trips. I do understand it doesn't withstand a lot of pressure, so it's only good for about 10 feet. After that the pressure just gets to be too much.

0P9280059_BAK_.jpg

Vic

I have been looking for a cheap underwater digital camera for snorkelling , hoping for pictures a bit better than the disposables. the more expensive cameras are not within my budget, but i can get an Olympus Stylus 560WP for $90. has anyone tried this camera???

Archived