Sheraton in Vancouver BC

dodieh

Just got my Priceline bid for a 4 star hotel in Vancouver accepted. We will be at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel....it looks great on its web site. Has anyone stayed there and is it as nice as the pictures look?:)

Well, I started out lower for a 4 star and kept increasing every 3 days by $5 until I reached $95. They said if I would add $22 they would assign a hotel. Not really the bargain I had hoped for, but I did anyway so got it for $117. Although this is higher than others have been paying for 4 star hotels in Vancouver, they just wouldn't give me anything cheaper. I wanted downtown and also our dates are July 7 to 9 so probably a busy time. My daughter is coming down from Anchorage and I am going up from Portland so this is a special cruise just for the 2 of us and from the looks of the hotel site on the internet, it is really nice.

Please post how you liked the hotel when you return. We will be doing a northbound Alaska cruise on September 2 and will bid on Priceline for sure. I have heard hotels are expensive, so $117 doesn't sound too bad.

Does anyone know where the cruise terminal is in Vancouver? I would like to stay somewhere in the vicinity the night before.

The Princess Line leaves from Canada Place, I believe. It is downtown Vancouver and a short cab ride from many good hotels. When you bid for a hotel ask for "downtown Vancouver". You will be in the vicinity of lots of good sightseeing as well as Canada Place.

I stayed there almost two years ago. The floor to ceiling windows offered a spectacular view. It was a very nice hotel.

This time when I bid on priceline for a hotel before our May cruise, we got the Hyatt for $68 + tax.

Enjoy your cruise.

You can usually cut the amount in half (so $11 instead of $22 more) and very often get the bid accepted. It has worked for me many times. We will be at the Hyatt in Vancouver in May also for a bid of $70.

Hi, we stayed at the Sheraton Wall Centre North Tower last June, post cruise. It was great in every way, rooms, amenities & service. We actually got ours through Hotwire for $76/night, which made it even better! Loved Vancouver and the immediate surroundings.

Enjoy!

Susana

• 3 weeks later...

we also are staying at the Sheraton Wall August 6-9. We were going to do a short stay in both Vancouver and Seattle but decided that Vancouver had so much to see, we will stay in Vancouver. This is the first time I used Priceline and I think I over bid at $125, but its ok, I am ok with that price. I won't beat myself up. Coral Princess July 30th.

We stayed at the Sherton Wall Center for our pre-cruise Sept 2004. This is a very nice hotel complex. :D We were able to obtain a view of the bay. Perfect setting, great room!

As for the pier that RCI uses, Ballantine was the pier used last year. There aren't any hotels in this area (very industrial), thus any of the downtown hotels will be just a short cab ride to the pier.

Bruce

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know where Royal Caribbean leaves from? I understand there is more than one pier in Vancouver.

I noticed your post and then looked at the date and noted that no one posted a reply. You've probably already gotten your answer, but, as a previous poster has mentioned, RCI uses the Ballentyne docks.

According to other posts I've read, those docks are in an industrial section of Vancouver, and there are no desireable hotels close by. You're better off staying near Canada Place or downtown and taking a taxi from your hotel.

Archived