Through the archives - Pictures of Ships I've cruised from Mardi Gras to Summit!

zackiedawg

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pull them all up from the slides, but I've made an attempt to at least document some of the ships I've cruised on and assembled them here. They are not necessarily in order of age or year cruised...but most of the older ships are first.

Alot of requests had been made on previous threads of mine to find some pics of some of the classic and now-decommissioned vessels I've gone on. Being only 36, I'm not exactly the historical reference point, and many on here could probably dig up even more and greater classic vessels. But still, many of my first cruises were on ships which were refurbished liners from the 50s or earlier, and were making their final rounds in the 80s before being retired, scrapped, or sunk.

So, in no exact order, here are my own pictures of some of the great and wonderful ships I've been on:

My first cruise...the Carnival Mardi Gras:

h20581203?i=h20581203_35209.jpg

The beautiful Royal Caribbean Song of America:

h20581038?i=h20581038_34747.jpg

The classic Costa Carla C:

h20581080?i=h20581080_94917.jpg

My first 'supership' (it was big back then), the Carnival Holiday:

h20581095?i=h20581095_91464.jpg

The Coral Princess, in the background behind I think the Fascination:

h2575638?i=h2575638_87877.jpg

I've got more to dig up, that will follow soon. I should be able to produce pics from the Jubilee, Explorer of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, and possibly from the Sensation.

I may have trouble digging up or scanning pics from the Nordic Prince, Riviera, Dolphin, and Sovereign of the Seas. I'll see what I can find!

As soon as I have the chance to upload the other 3 or 4 ships, I'll post them.

Any comments or questions welcome!

Next wave of pics I dug up...

Majesty of the Seas:

h23367257?i=h23367257_95055.jpg

Voyager of the Seas:

h23367258?i=h23367258_96139.jpg

Explorer of the Seas:

h23367256?i=h23367256_64690.jpg

As close as I can get to the Nordic Prince is this shot of mom and step-dad getting on board!:

i23367259_25733.jpg

The Celebrity Summit...most recent cruise and one of my favorite ships:

h13095244?i=h13095244_27521.jpg

Still missing: Nordic Prince (pic of the ship), Jubilee, Sensation, Grandeur of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Dolphin, and Riviera.

Thank you txcruiser! I have more shots of the other ships, but they are all on old slides. You can see from the Mardi Gras shot my experimentation with slides didn't go so well. I can get good scans from photos, but for slides I need a slide scanner or to bring them to a photo shop. I just haven't had the time or patience to do that yet!

Archived