Best Restaurant around Queen Mary area in Long Beach??

ciship

We will be in Long Beach a couple of days before cruising on the PRIDE. Staying at the Hyatt-Long Beach. If we take the shuttle to tootle around that area, where should we jump off to eat? Steakhouse would be great....!

A good steakhouse near the LB Hyatt is The Madison located on 110 Pine Avenue, probably even walking distance. I haven't eaten there myself, but it is highly recommended. If you like italian food, La Opera is very nice, located at 101 Pine Avenue. There are some great restaurants that have just opened around the Rainbow Harbor area that is quite near the Hyatt as well and include P.F. Changs and Gladstone's (seafood). The downtown Long Beach area has been developed and you will enjoy your precruise stay. Try to see the Aquarium if you have time--it is very nice. You can also take an aquabus around the area. Have a great time in Long Beach.

Barbara

Yes. 555 has been around for some time and is very nice. It is an upscale restaurant as is the Madison. Either one would probably be great for you. It is located in downtown Long Beach, too. If you have any time to explore further, there is a great area of Long Beach called Belmont Shore along 2nd Street there are many good restaurants and shops and there are always people walking up and down the street. There is also an area right near the Hyatt called Shoreline Village with some nice restaurants (Parker's Lighthouse (seafood) is one of them and some shops. The downtown area has really changed recently. There is a great movie complex right across the street from the Hyatt. In the Belmont Shore area, there is a part called naples where you can take a Gondola and cruise along seeing some beautiful homes. The Hyatt will have some brochures on all the wonderful things you can do in Long Beach. I've lived in Long Beach for almost my entire life, and it is a great city. Have fun.

Barbara

Barbara, my in-laws have lived in Long Beach also for most of their lives. They live on Petaluma. All of my husbands family is either in Long Beach or Huntington Beach area.

Thanks for all the great information!

• 2 months later...

Archived