Hotel suggestions for Galveston??

blga

We have decided to stay in Galveston the night before & after our cruise. Anyone have any suggestions for a reasonable hotel not far from where the cruise leaves? We have 9 people & so want to keep costs down as far as distance to travel that day.

On the galveston.com site there is a phone number on there to call. I had been looking on the site for rooms but for some reason I called and the lady even told me it is much cheaper if you call, go figure. Anyway, labor day weekend, 1 night stay for 5 people, free cruise parking for 7 nights, at Bestwestern Beach front, only cost me 70.00 tax included. I had been checking for a while and this beats anything else I can find. Your finds please?

;) I found us rooms at orbitz.com for La Quinta Inn Galveston 67.42 including tax... you can only book 1 room at a time to get a good rate, and I guess it can change between bookings.. Good luck.

On the galveston.com site there is a phone number on there to call. I had been looking on the site for rooms but for some reason I called and the lady even told me it is much cheaper if you call, go figure. Anyway, labor day weekend, 1 night stay for 5 people, free cruise parking for 7 nights, at Bestwestern Beach front, only cost me 70.00 tax included. I had been checking for a while and this beats anything else I can find. Your finds please?

We stayed at the Best Western Beachfront just last week for one night prior to a cruise because it appeared to be the best value. Unfortunately we noticed a moldy smell when we entered the room and sure enough, there was a plumbing leak in our fourth floor room which soaked the carpet in front of the sink by evening. We reported it to the front desk and were moved to the third floor, the room directly below it. Of course, by morning that ceiling was leaking all over our things on the bathroom counter. The manager apologized and waived the room charge. On a positive note, the breakfast room is quite nice and as we were checking out, we saw at least a dozen brand new mattresses being delivered to rooms, and there was fresh paint going on the exterior of the building. Humidity is a HUGE problem in Galveston . . . . you can probably expect to find rust and evidence of mold in even the best hotels along the seawall . . . . be sure to report it so management can take care of it. The leak in our room was obviously there for some time, and now both rooms need new carpet, ceiling stipple, etc.

Will this Best Western let you leave your car there while on the cruise and do they have a shuttle to the ship?

Yes, people have said that you can leave your car (in a covered lot I believe). No shuttle though, but a taxi to the port is only about $12.00. Please confirm all this with the hotel. : )

We stayed at the Harvest House...it has parking for $20 for the entire length of your cruise...my husband drove to the pier..dropped me off and went back to the hotel and left the car and walked back to the pier...very simple. Harvest House is listed on Galveston.com I think.

Archived