Pbgwc

jag448

What A good time Seth and I had with all of you!!!!!!! This group MADE our vacation!! I just need to say one thing, I WILL NEVER TAKE THE BUS ON A LONG TRIP AGAIN!!!!!! Trying to sleep on the bus was so hard. I spent a good part of Sunday (that's when we got home 10:30 AM) sleeping! People act like fools in every bus terminal!

Joe - I know we will see each other again soon, it was great hanging out with you and your daughter. You never put your own enjoyment ahead of Anna's, that alone makes you a great father! You have my respect. See ya soon.

Scott and Amy - Prim and proper!?!? LOL you guys are great.......thanks for getting me out of my shell, it greatly increased my enjoyment of the vacation. Long live the 5 hats!!!

Tom and Norma - A pleasure to meet you guys! It was a breath of fresh air to see parents that are doing a great job raising kids! Step families can and do work if parents are devoted to making it work!

Jerry and Doreen - It was a pleasure hanging out with you too. I wish you the best as you move toward getting into your now house! My singing and dancing wasn't too bad for a "white guy", was it?

Doug and Nicky - Don't give up on you 17 yr old, he will see the wisdom of listening to his parents if you stay the course! You are great people, that will rub off on him. I hope to see you again on another cruise some day.

OK back to work.................talk with you soon.

Almost forgot, here is my e-mail address dlhines1@juno.com

Derrick

Welcome back to the grind y'all!! Got many laughs listening to Derrick tell me how y'all got him to participate!!!! Looking forward to seeing some pictures!! oh yea, and the trolley ride wasn't so quiet through the neighborhood thanks to Rudy I hear!!!! lololol Hilarious!!

Lisa :)

ok. scott is working on a web page for the photos. we did a whole story about the duck on power point. it is so cute.... we will put it up as soon as we can. we just got some news that we will me moving this summer. keep your fingers crossed that we get assinged to key west. if we do... you all have a place to stay. oh yeah... can i just say i HATE snow... and laundry. let's all go back. see ya later.

amy

Amy, we are all keeping our fingers crossed that you get stationed in Key West! That would be awesome!

Well, I went to the doctor today since I was coughing so hard that my chest was about to explode. I have some kind of respiratory infection. My co-workers were saying I probably brought it from the ship, I told them that the alcohol was preventing this,..all they had to do is get me a few Bahama Mamas and I would be back to work! lol

Or even better, a few shots of "BBD" and all germs will be killed. The light rum is 40% proof and the dark one 80%!! If it won't cure me it will kill me!

I will probably be out for a day or 2, so if I feel better tomorrow I will work on posting our pictures. Probably won't be very fancy like Amy's,..I don't have patience for stuff like that lol.

I still have a table full of souvenirs,..don't know where to put all the junk..lol

I will talk to you all later, and remember, you are always welcome in SC.

Nicky

Derrick and Amy.... you can appreciate this terrible weather we just had.....

So are we ready for our next cruise..

Derrick, do the Bahama Mamas work for the snow too?

I hope everyone is doing well. Glad to see everyone is here-almost....

Where is Cobbster...in da house?

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post. I came down with a terrible stomach bug on Sunday and am just now feeling better! This is my first day back at work. Is this where we'll be meeting now? If so, I need to bookmark this.

I have to tell you that our family had such a wonderful time meeting all of you! Joe, I miss Anna's smile - she is such a sweetie and so very smart. I hope everything is going well with the new baby brother.

Derrick - you're absolutely right when you said that Joe is such a great father, he really is! DLH - really enjoyed yours & Seth's company. Still can't believe that you finally got up there and you know, you're pretty good at that karaoke thing.

Nicky - tell Doug we said "Hi" and hang in there, eventually all this parent rearing that we do will all pay off! Remember what we were doing when we were their age, it really isn't much different. I understand the frustration, but with patience, love, support and the will to not give up will prove to be the only way. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Thanks again everyone - I have wonderful visions of the Cinco Sombrero's in my head! My email address is: cncobb@si.rr.com. I have 168 email messages to sift through. I will post again soon.

Joe - can you email me the link to our new home? I just spoke to Doreen who would like me to email it to her so that her & Jerry can get on at home. They were not on original posts/boards and I can't remember how I accessed it before I bookmarked it as a favorite.

My work email address is: norma.cobb@ajg.com. Thanks buddy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=142359

maybe I should have named the thread "the pbgwc and the five sombreros"

Glad you are feeling better!!!

The one bad thing I remembered after we were home....we didn't get any pictures of the five sombrero or atleast I didn't... Did anyone get any pictures of us?

I guess everyone is trying to get back to their normal routine.

I am starting to feel better, hopefully by Monday I will be back to my old self.

I forgot to tell you guys what a deal we got on our portraits.

We waited until 9am Saturday, right before debarkation, and I told the guy I only wanted 2, since I did not like the others, and did not want to spend more money. We went back and forth, and Doug ended up getting all the pictures (22 of them!) for $60!! (I still don't like a lot of them, but you know how critical us woman are about our own pictures). I will have plenty to send to my family now.

We paid cash, so I am sure this money was going in their own pocket, as they normally throw the pictures away if they are not sold.

Well, time to go rest again. It is a beautiful sunny day here, but I need to stay in and rest some more before I can start enjoying it.

Take care,

Nicky

Real life stinks! Well, I guess I will need to book another cruise to get over it! Hey Amy, I hope you and Scott get to move to Key West, that would be great!!!

Hey Nicky, I hope you are feeling better soon. Tell Doug I said hello.

Norma - you are too kind, I can't sing or dance, that was just the rum and coke singing and dancing!!! Had a great time though!

Hey Joe, let's get together and do lunch soon. I'm about ready for another Bahama Mama!

i am so ready to go back. scott picked the kids up from school and came home wanting to know if i wanted to go to karaoke or the disco. i am trying to find one for me and my friend to go on out of bayonne. she wants to go on one that is mainly singles and not family. (she is single, she just wants me to go along to chaperone) does anyone have any ideas? or i could just fix her up with joe... she love cops... but then i wouldn't be able to go on a cruise:( . talk to ya'll later.

Guess what Doug bought for the X-box yesterday...

He was so excited to show me, I told him he knows I can care less about X-box games until I saw it!

Karaoke game for X-box! It is so much fun. YOu score points by singing on time and in the right pitch,..knowing this, you know my score was very low!

Doug & Josh were signing for 2 hrs yesterday! It was so funny to hear them sign their lunges out.

If you have an X-box, this is a must have! YOu can download more songs from the internet.

Besides that all is well. Trying to get Josh in the job corps, we have an appointment Thursday. Does anyone know anyone that is in it or has been?

Talk to you all soon,

Nicky

• 2 weeks later...

Archived