San Pedro to LAX- car rental question

sunshine426

Is it possible to rent a car at the San Pedro Pier area, and drop the car off at LAx? We have a one day lay-over betweem disembarking at our flight home. Originally had planned to arrange transportation to our hotel and wing it from there, but am having second thoughts. Any opinions from you frequent cruisers of locals would be appreciated. :cool:

I have a car rented from Hertz that I am picking up at LAX and returning to Long Beach. In my agreement it states that I will be reimbursed (up to $10) for my taxi from the Hertz drop off area to the pier. There was no surcharge for me to do this. In fact, I have a 2 day rental for just under $50, total.

Good luck.

Before and after our recent Diamond Princess cruise, we rented a car thru Hertz, picking the car up at LAX pre-cruise and dropping it off at the Lomita office; they called a taxi for us, and credit our bill $15 for taxi fare, although with tip the real fare was closer to $20. The operation was done in reverse on our return. Try reserving thru the AAA website if you're a member, you usually get a much better rate.

We are picking up a car at the Enterprise location in the Sheraton near the pier in San Pedro and dropping it off at Long Beach airport. There is a free shuttle to the Sheraton (will no longer be a Sheraton as of 4/1/05) from the pier.

4 of us are spending a few days in Los Angeles pre cruise we would like to rent a minivan at Lax and drop it off in San Pedro - I was told from Enterprise there would be and additional $25 drop off fee.

post cruise rental from San Pedro to Lax has a $40 drop off fee for the one way rental. Hardly seems worth it for the one day. We're rethinking the supershuttle on the return.

Has anyone else encountered this or found an alternative?

Thanks.

Archived