Nightlife & Hotels in Vancouver

We are flying into Vancouver 2 days prior to our cruise in September 2005. We enjoy going to different bars/pubs so we are looking for a hotel that has a fun bar/pub, or is in an area that has many different bars or pubs so, if we wanted to, we could go hit more than one in one night. Basically, we are interested in the nightlife in Vancouver.

Any suggestions on what area to look at? Hotels to stay? The perfect hotel would be within walking distance to various bars/pubs, but we can always take a taxi if its not too far or expensive.

We will be cruising on Princess. Does anyone know which port/pier it sails from?

Thanks in advance for any advice you could pass on.

It depends on your age. Roxy is a younger crowd,Railway Club and The Media Club are good.Gay clubs are always fun and great music.The Yale for jazz and some of the pubs have music.

Welll...I hate to reveal my age...cuz I can hardly admit it to myself...LOL So lets say I'm young at heart! ;)

HOWEVER....I like to have a good time, and young crowds are ok with me. As a matter of fact, you will find me in the disco with my daughters every night on our cruises. Last time, I was ready to leave the disco, and my daughter told me to stay. I told her..."you don't want MOM here with you"...and she said "YES I do!" We do have a good time together.

Gay clubs would be ok with me, but my husband...well...he wouldn't be comfortable.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I am taking notes! :D

Archived