Copy from Memory Card to CD while on Constellation?

Perki

While looking thru the Celebrity documents for my upcoming cruise there is a note in there about being able to download my pictures to a CD while onboard...has anyone done this on Celebrity and/or Constellatin, and is there a fee for this or just as simple as brining my USB port connector and going for it?

I have a brand new digital camera (Kodak CX7430 I think) that I got for Christmas (had good old film carmera prior so this is my 1st try at digital) that takes both photos and video. I bought a 1GB SD card and have a 126MB card that came with it, not to mention the 16MB internal memory, but I would hate to run out of room on the cards while out on a tour of an island or something so would feel safer being able to burn things to a CD every other day or so if possible.

Now I have read on this board about some portable memory things but I am not so into this that I want to spend another $250 for something like that - I have no MP3 players or anything like that either and don't plan on getting any soon that I know of :) So burning to a CD or crossing my fingers that I don't run out of memory are my only options...any help would be appreciated!

It will surely cost you something to download your files to CD on the ship. I don't know what your line charges. On Princess last year it was $40 for the entire week. They downloaded files to a CD and made index prints of your pictures. I don't think that is a bad price if you take lots of pictures and want to see the results immediately. We didn't take advantage of the offer though because we had enough media cards for all the pix that we took. (Of course, you must consider that we missed 2 ports of call on our cruise.) Other prices that I have heard range from about $10 per download (or CD) and up. This year we are taking Roadstor with us. We figure that if we keep taking a cruise a year it will pay for itself in a couple of years. WE have 2 cameras this year and the couple traveling with us will have 2 cameras so that will be a lot of downloads.

Hi Perki,

According to your Constellation, April 16 roll call we'll be on the same ship and in the stern on Deck 7 near you, or next to you depending on your cabin. If you're interested in downloading your card to CD send me your e-mail address and information (scubaran@adelphia.net). I've got a nifty memory card to CD device (an Apacer 200) that can copy down your pictures in about 10 minutes unattended (heck, depending on where you are, we might be able to download your pictures while on the veranda!). You supply the CD-R discs and I'll supply

the device.

Randy

Hi Perki,

According to your Constellation, April 16 roll call we'll be on the same ship and in the stern on Deck 7 near you, or next to you depending on your cabin. If you're interested in downloading your card to CD send me your e-mail address and information (scubaran@adelphia.net). I've got a nifty memory card to CD device (an Apacer 200) that can copy down your pictures in about 10 minutes unattended (heck, depending on where you are, we might be able to download your pictures while on the veranda!). You supply the CD-R discs and I'll supply

the device.

Randy

You've got it! I'll bring plenty of blank CD! Thank you so much for the offer! See ya onboard! Oh and we are only 3 doors apart on the aft - can't wait for that huge balcony! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off of the Coral Princess last week and we had 2 of our camera memory cards loaded on to a CD thru the ship,We got index prints and they scaned over them on the computer with us...everything looked good....( the cost was ($9.95).....Untill last night when I was looking thru them, about 80 some pictures were not on the CD, but they were on the index prints. Needless to say we are not very happy, My husbans is calling them today to see if they could still be in their computer.

All I have to say is if you have them load it onto a CD make sure you go thu every picture with them, and that will take a while, I would hate to see this happen to someone else.

I'm waiting to see what happens after my husband contacts them, if I can get them back or not?

I will post this under a few different areas on this board,Like I said I do not want this to happen to anyone else,

Archived