Attn:Splinter RE:Monterey

Robrph

thanks for your good information about Monterey. Our situation is: arriving on the Mercury 4/18. Will be in port from 8AM-5PM, with tendering, I figure actual time to be 9AM-4PM. Would like to rent a car in the morning for the 17 mile drive to Carmel. Then back to Monterey to spend about 4 hours at the aquarium. I understand one can spend an entire day at the aquarium, but can we still see enough to make the trip worthwhile? Considering rental from a place called Rent-A-Roadster-have any experience with them? Thanks.

Rob

I am not Splinter, but I might be able to help. If you move swiftly thru the exhibits you can see a large portion in 4 hours. This is aided by the fact that a portion of the Aquarium is under remodel and closed... this was the area that had the rays, octopi, other tanks, etc.... You must visit our famous shark... and the rest of the shark exhibit is amazing! I may have a coupon for you for the aquarium... email me at inkflamingos at yahoo dot com with your mailing address and I can pop it in the mail. It is out in my car, but I believe it is a buy one get one free.... Once you enter - head toward the Outer Bay exhibit first... this is where our shark is and the the shark & jelly exhibits... my personal favorite.

I just checked and the coupon is good for $5 off up to 4 adult admissions. Still worth it if you are going. Be sure to email me at the address in the previous post and I will mail it to you. The Aquarium isn't even open until 10am ... so you aren't really skipping THAT much time there by doing 17 mile drive. Not sure about returning the car & such for timing... but the coupon is yours if you want it.

As a matter of fact there is a coupon for Monterey Rent-A-Roadster in here too. These are Entertainment Book coupons... This one is 30% off a 3 hour rental. Yours if you want it.

Bummer! You will miss our Great White Shark! She was released back into the ocean this morning after being in the huge tank for 6 months. I am glad we got down there to see her before she was released. She had grown to over 6 feet! She sure was a treat to see.

Archived