Question on Category 6N Deluxe OV Cabins

Tannison

I have a family of 5. We are about to book a deluxe ov cabin that will fit all of us in one room. It will be a category 6N. I have read that the two twins can be made into a king, but then I have also read that if you are using the 2nd upper (which we will need to do since there are 5 of us), that we won't be able to make the two twins into a king because of the ladder for the upper. Does anyone know if this is true? Can we just opt not to use the ladder for the 2nd upper and have our child get onto the 2nd upper by climbing on the first one?

Has anyone had 5 people in one of these rooms with the king configuration?

I hope I'm making sense:eek:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

I have read a few reports of people being using all 5 beds, including the 2nd upper, and still able to have the 2 regular beds pushed together. They have to say that it cannot be done in the write-up for the rooms, but you can ask the steward to do it for you when you get on board. The one sleeping on the bunk above the king bed will need to either jump up to it, or climb to the bunk above the sofa bed, then wiggle down to their bed. I just worry that you'll be the one that gets told "no" after it's been done for several others.

Here's a pic that someone else had posted. The ladder between the upper bunks is actually cannot be used there, as there's only a few inches between the uppers. And whoever is sleeping on the inside half of the king will have quite an adventure if they need to get up in the middle of the night.

dreamquint2.jpg

we too are a family of 5. If at all possible finacially, get 2 connecting regular ov or even inside cabins. You will be better off. The 2 bathrooms when it is time to get ready for dinner much easier. You didnt say what the ages of I am presuming your kids are but then the other kids have some of their own space too. Just a little advice with 5 people, bring a a pop up hamper to help keep things tidy. Have fun.

Thanks for the picture and the replies! We had two connecting OV rooms on the Splendor last year and loved it, but I don't think that's in our budget this time since it will be almost $1200 more than getting one room. We live in Los Angeles and have to fly to Miami, so that savings almost covers the airfare.

if the room didn't have the 2nd bathroom (or partial bathroom), it would be a different story, but I think we can make do.

I also posted this question on John Heald's facebook page and he confirmed that we can use the king configuration, so I think that's what we will do.

Thanks agin for your replies!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

same questions here..we are on Breeze in December and not sure how the room set up will be. If need be will keep the Twins apart, but ideally I would like to push them together while still using the uppers. My oldest daughter or middle can climb their way up without needing the ladder. There is also a pullout I think so it will be tight at night. LOL.

And whoever is sleeping on the inside half of the king will have quite an adventure if they need to get up in the middle of the night.

Ummmm, don't you think that's a bit dramatic? An adventure? Because there's a bed 3-4 feet above your head?

If you book a standard inside room for 5 on a Fantasy class ship, you get 185sf instead of 230sf, one bathroom instead of two, and one of the upper bunks is situated like this, except that it spans the entire head of the bed, so both people on the lower bed have the bunk above them. The only difference is that the ladder fits at the end of the bunk without having the bed in the way.

We cruised with this configuration (Fantasy class) last October (two adults and three teenagers). It worked out perfectly. I can assure you, getting out of the lower bed was not "an adventure." As for the ladder, even though it fit on the Fantasy class ship, my son removed it anyway and just used the lower bed to get up to the bunk anyway. And getting up wasn't exactly an "adventure" either. He didn't have to "jump up to it."

People on CC will try to convince you that your trip will be less enjoyable if you sqeeze five into one cabin. It sure didn't for us.

This October, we'll be on the Dream in one of these 6N cabins. We plan to push the lower beds together as well, and with the larger room and two bathrooms it's going to feel like luxury to me, even with 5 of us sharing one room.

Wow! I certainly didn't expect to get attacked for such a jestful comment. You can't say anything on CC anymore. Wow! But anyway, to clarify, the person sleeping on the inside half of the king will have a sofa bed & the ladder partially blocking the foot of the bed & the person sleeping next to them blocking that exit. They can either squeeze out the small opening at the foot of the bed, or they can climb over their partner sleeping next to them. I by no means meant to say that this is going to utterly ruin your cruise and make you completely miserable and swear off cruising for the rest of your life. I just meant that this is one little aspect of the setup that you should prepare for, so you don't hurt yourself in the middle of the night because you weren't prepared for it.

same questions here..we are on Breeze in December and not sure how the room set up will be. If need be will keep the Twins apart, but ideally I would like to push them together while still using the uppers. My oldest daughter or middle can climb their way up without needing the ladder. There is also a pullout I think so it will be tight at night. LOL.

It sounds like you will be able to put the twins together. If it's not set up that way when you arrive, you can ask the steward to do it for you. The sofa bed is not a pullout sofa. The seat of the sofa is made up into a bed, so it doesn't take up as much space as a pullout. It's a very efficient setup that they use here. The sofa bed is below the upper in this pic.

dreamquint3.jpg

Archived