Rental boots

kihei228

I am trying to find information on the rental boots that are available to us. We are traveling on L'Boreal on an A&K tour and we can pre order rental boots that will be delivered to our ship. Does anyone know the make and/ or sizing of these boots? They say to order 2 sizes larger than normal shoe size, but after trying on some Muck Boots brand today, they would be way to big. The rental site is shiptoshore traveler and they don't mention the brand. Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks, Laurie

I am trying to find information on the rental boots that are available to us. We are traveling on L'Boreal on an A&K tour and we can pre order rental boots that will be delivered to our ship. Does anyone know the make and/ or sizing of these boots? They say to order 2 sizes larger than normal shoe size, but after trying on some Muck Boots brand today, they would be way to big. The rental site is shiptoshore traveler and they don't mention the brand. Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks, Laurie

Β 

Judging by the photos on shiptoshore, they are either Muck Arctic Sport Boots or copies. I carry my own Muck boots on trips and wouldn't be without them. They've been shipped home (courier, parcel post etc) from various countries when I've moved on from colder climates.

I followed whatever directions they gave about how to determine size and mine fit perfectly. I think they had a time period (right after boarding) where if your boots didn't fit, they would exchange them. But their directions were fine.

Thanks, Laurie

Laurie - which Le Boreal A&K departure? We are on the Jan. 2nd to the Falklands, South Georgia,etc.

As for the boots - the size chart was helpful and the ShiptoShore people are available by phone 24/7. They were a big help with jacket sizing for me too.

Our friends who were on the same ship in January told us to go straight to our cabin, try on the boots, and they CAN be exchanged ... if you do it quickly!

Thanks DadainTN.

I'll be on your cruise😊. Looking forward to it🚀🚒✈!

Laurie

Laurie - GREAT! Now we know of 6 of us on the Jan. trip. I am from Memphis, traveling with my husband's sister from Franklin, TN and David and Laurie Bishop from

Saratoga, CA. Check out the "Jan 2, 2013 MV Boreal Cruise" group.

Go to the Tractor Store (or a similar store) and you will find great inexpensive boots ($20.00 unlined and $25.00 cloth lined - much better for on and off). When you are finished with the cruise donate them for crew use (the ship was glad to get them) so you don't have to lug them back home.

Β 

We did this on the L'Austral in December and it was the perfect arrangement - cheaper and you get boots that are guaranteed to fit!

Archived