Victoria questions

I have a couple of questions regarding our port stop on our imminent HAL 4-night coastal cruise. We stop in Victoria from 8a-midnight on Tuesday, and I need to know exactly where the ship is docking. My sister (the Sister) lives in Duncan, and is driving down to meet us there. She's asking about Ogden Point? I'm not sure what to tell her.

Also, I was wondering since this is our first port since departing San Diego, do we go through customs as we are getting of the ship? I want to take her some wine and stuff, since she's in a convent there, and their resources are kind of limited, but want to know if there are limits, how stringent they are, how long going through customs is likely to be, etc. Any info would be helpful.

The ship will dock at Ogdon Point. Customs I am not sure on. Probably not overly strict as it is just a port of call not final destination, but post 9 11 who knows? Living in Vancouver for some reason. I have never wanted to go on a Cruise to Victoria:D

I think that you only have to clear customs if you are concluding your trip in Victoria. It may have changed since 9/11.

Tell your Duncan relation to drive to Victoria and the highway they are on turns into Douglas Street. Stay on Douglas Street until it ends and then turn right. The cruise port is ahead of them about a half a mile or a Kilometre in Canadian Distances

• 2 weeks later...

Archived