Waikiki Beach Marriot Hotel Question

cmooretfo

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott in Waikiki Beach? Is it a nice hotel? Are the beaches nice? Do all the rooms have a balcony? We booked a guaranteed oceanview room. We are flying in 2 days early for the 10/3/05 cruise on POAm. We booked cruise & room through NCL. Also any ideas on what to do or were to eat near the hotel. If anyone has any pictures of the hotel (rooms, pool, beach etc.) I would love to see them their web site dosn't have many pictures on it.

Thanks,

Aloha from Hawaii!

The hotel is located towards the end of Waikiki, accross the street from the beach, perfect ocean views, no hotel to block the view. Its about a short block from the Zoo and Kapiolani Park. On weekends there are concerts at the park and in addition on some weekends, Movies on the Beach. (No fee for the movies) Big screen right on the beach with food booths...lots of fun. The hotel has some good places to eat, over looking the beach. Oh, the sunsets are beautiful. Just around the corner there is a Denny's. Have a great time!

I was there about 18 months ago. The rooms are nice with the most comfortable beds. From what I remember all rooms have a balcony that has 2 chairs and a small side table. One thing to remember is that when the sliding door to the balcony is open the air conditioning turns off automatically. All the beaches in Hawaii are public and are nice but you can venture down if you like and even go through other hotels as long as you go to the beach and not use those pools. This hotel is not considered on the beach because it is across the street from the beach, but there is no hotel on the beach directly in front of it. As far as things to do, there is a show at the Outrigger Waikiki which is next door to the Sheraton Moana. It is a singing group and is quite enjoyable - unfortunately I can't remember the groups name but it is fun. Other than that definately find time to go to the Arizona memorial. Also, from what I have read here there is a specific NCL desk to check in at as well as check in for the cruise since you're staying at the hotel before the cruise. They may also have some suggestions for food and activities.

For dinner, just a bit up the beach is Duke's. It's right on the beach, so you can walk on the Waikiki sand to get there or travel on the sidewalk. If you get there relatively early, you can get a seat on the open air porch/deck/lanai, overlooking Waikiki, and watch the sunset. They have tiki torches at the railing of the seating area and it's just a nice setting for dinner or just appetizers and drinks. They had pretty good meals and we usually eat there twice or more during one of our work trips.

We booked a guaranteed oceanview room. We are flying in 2 days early for the 10/3/05 cruise on POAm. We booked cruise & room through NCL.

Thanks,

I am a little confused -- You say you are on the 10/3/2005 POAm Cruise. We are booked on the POAm cruise leaving on 10/01/2005. Is it possible that you actually meant 10/01? We also booked a room at the Marriott arriving (2) days early, but I don't recall any mention of a guaranteed view. Did you pay extra? Do you mind if I ask how much? We might have the same thing but I need to check. Thanks for the tip! :)

I am a little confused -- You say you are on the 10/3/2005 POAm Cruise. We are booked on the POAm cruise leaving on 10/01/2005. Is it possible that you actually meant 10/01? We also booked a room at the Marriott arriving (2) days early, but I don't recall any mention of a guaranteed view. Did you pay extra? Do you mind if I ask how much? We might have the same thing but I need to check. Thanks for the tip! :)

Sorry about that I meant 9/3/05-9/10/05 I counted too many fingers.

Also about the full oceanview room we did pay extra for it. They had a standard room at 169.00pp, partial oceanview at 209.00 and full ocean view at 239.00. The travel agent said we are guaranteed a full oceanview room.

• 1 month later...

We are also on the POAM cruise on 9/3 and are also booked at the Marriot for 9/1. Took the cheaper room, don't plan on spending too much time inside it.

Would you like to start a roll call for the trip?

Archived