St. Kitts - Nevis - Wheelchair Accessible?

bling19572010

• 2 weeks later...
What places are there to see and what things are there to do that would accommodate a manual wheelchair? Thank you.

I am sure you can find a private taxi, they are very organized once you get off the ship, but I can't say for sure. I saw you had also asked about the train. I know my aunt and uncle were planning that. She has a scooter, but can walk a few steps so she could have gotten on the train. Unfortunantly it broke down during the morning ride so hers was cancelled. She was sad since it was the one excursion she had planned. But Thankful she was not on it since we heard the people on the train had to walk out to the road, impossible for her.

Have you looked on the disabled forms? They have tons of good info and share a lot about excursions and transportation.

If you can find a taxi, we have been to cockelshell, and I believe the parking lot is paved or at least you could use a chair on it, then roll out to the bar at the beach. It was a sidewalk, then the bar is wooden deck. Of course, the sand on the beach would rule out that, but the views are great!

What places are there to see and what things are there to do that would accommodate a manual wheelchair? Thank you.

Romney Manor/Caribelle Batik has ramps for wheelchairs and so does Carambola at South Friar's whose restrooms also accommodates wheelchairs.

If you can manage the 1/2 steps in and out of the taxi, the taxi operators are very accommodating with helping out.

Most of the cruise lines that visit St. Kitts have 1 or 2 tours that are wheelchair friendly and places they visit are the Marriot and Romney Manor with general sightseeing and a stop at Timothy Hill.

Archived