Hotel in Houston

texaslu

Does anyone know of a hotel in Houston where there is free parking for the duration of the cruise (if you stay the night prior to boarding)? I know there are some for the Galveston port, but we are going on the NCL Sea which leaves from the Houston port.

If there is such a hotel, do you know about shuttle costs?

Thanks in advance!

Another poster gave me a suggestion. I will have to go back and see what she said But I too need all the info I can get. We are leving on the NCL Dream in Oct.

If I find it I will come back and post it

Here is what Carolyn posted:

The Comfort Inn is in LaPorte just down the street from the port.. Very easy access. Rooms are in the 69 dollar range. And a great place to see and have dinner the night before is the Kemah boardwalk.. Cool resturant there called the Aquarium, has glass walls with fish.. Kemah is 9 miles from LaPorte..

I have the galveston website as one of my favs.

Gonna have to see where the port is first to see how far from Galveston it is. we have sailed from Galveston several time but never from Houston

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Hotels in Galveston are not an option for sailing on the Sea out of La Porte. Galveston is about an hour away. I am fairly certain 3 of the 4 hotels in La Porte will let you leave your car there. They are:

Best Western - 281-471-4040

Comfort Suites - 281-842-9200

La Quinta - 281-470-0760

The Fairway Inn might, just give them a call - 281-470-2800.

I have put together a map of the hotels in La Porte in relation to the terminal, so just let me know if you'd like a copy and I'll e-mail it to you. I've lived in La Porte for 27 years, so if you have any questions, just let me know.

Jana

Any help is greatly appreciated- I have gone out of Galveston many times but never out of Houston.

Please send anything you have that will help

Do you need my e-mail address?or can you get it off my profile?

Karen

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I will be staying at the South Shore Harbour Resort.. any info on that hotel? Not much can be discerned from their website... I would really appreciate input.

Also in regards to "I have put together a map of the hotels in La Porte in relation to the terminal, so just let me know if you'd like a copy and I'll e-mail it to you. I've lived in La Porte for 27 years, so if you have any questions, just let me know.Jana"

Would love to have that map.. blueangeldiverd@yahoo.com

and any info you would like to share! We will be in-town for about a week to "see" the sights of this area and relax!

We are sailing this November out of Houston.. Morgan's Point, La Porte TX instead of New Orleans and we have been scrambling to re route flights; find a hotel, rental car and transpo to / from Cruise.. which sorry to say.. is the only convenience I have not managed under $100. yuck.

thanks in anticiapation!

blue

diving_blue_bonnet - La Porte is not a tourist town, but it is still a nice town. Not sure what you mean by it not looking all that great. The La Quinta is located on the feeder road of Hwy 146, and is next door to McDonald's, and just a block or two away from the La Porte police department and the city hall. Is there anything in particular you are concerned about?

ZydeDiverDC - I don't have really any knowledge about the South Shore Harbor Resort Hotel specifically as a guest. It is known for being one of the nicer hotels in our area, and many wedding, conventions and other "nice" events take place there all the time. I am updating the map and information, so I'll send that out to you soon. There are alot of sights in the area, so if you need some ideas on what to do, just let me know.

Jana

Hello jrchvatal!!

Thank you so much for your expediant reply! I feel so much better now for my choice. As the website doesn't show in the much in the way of pix.. tho the staff especially a young lady "Jordan" has been superior!!

The League City area and Galveston seem to be fun places to visit as well!

Looking forward to the map and any info as to activities you may suggest. We have decided on a rental vehicle for the 4 days we will be in town.. and are thinking of branching out and driving to San Antonio for a day!! Seems like there are so many wonderful things to see and do in TX!! I am wondering if we may have more fun there then on the cruise.. its a nice thought anyway!!

The only snag I have encountered is finding a way to the cruise terminal from the airport >Hobby! on Sunday am and back to airport on the return Sunday! So far all the pricing I have seen on shuttles are outrageous.. from $50 a head ea way and up!! yikes! any suggestions?

South Shore Harbor Hotel is a first class property, for this area, one of a few that are close to La Porte, which is a nice Galveston Bay community. The Clear Lake Hilton Hotel is another. You are not in Houston, but Clear Lake, La Porte, Seabrook, Kemah, League City, are all close.

ZydeDiverDC, check Enterprise rental for a pickup they've been more and more getting into the cruise business.

I'm in Bacliff next to Kemah, these are safe bedroom communities with working Texans for the Houston port areas, they weren't designed as resort towns!

Although Kemah Boardwalk, NASA visitors center, great food and friendly Texans usually work.

Hello GCurry!

Thank you for your imput! I was, however, aware of the geography of the Hotel.. just did not have any "sense" of its quality! The website does not have any pix to view so I was hoping someone who had been at this hotel would be able to share that experience.

I am so glad to come visit a "working town" as I come from a "working" family and personally never had a huge cash flow. It has taken me a long time to save to be on this cruise and I appreciate all the fellow people who also strive to go beyond existing on to living with whole hearted moments of joy in-between all the "rest"! I didn't choose this hotel because it is listed as a resort but rather because it had a "cruise special" pricing that also included breakfast! Thus allowing me a little cash flow to "see" the town of Kemah and surrounding towns.

Enterprise does not shuttle to the pier as we are renting from the airport.. the only "kiosk" open on Sundays. It took me several days of phone calls to local Enterprise, the 800 number and the airport to discern this little piece of info. I tried Hertz, Alamo as well. Same issue. not open on Sunday when we leave, closing Sat at noon kind of leaving us stranded.

I have called a taxi service, a shuttle service, my TA and NCL.. looking for a way to the pier costing under $100 for 2 round trip. So far the only answer I came up with was to rent a car from the Enterprise at the airport for the time I will be at the resort... return to the airport and find some way from airport to terminal that did not cost "an arm and a leg" so to speak. I realize that the distance from the airport to the pier is roughly 30min.. so with gas prices, the infux of refugees, and the "fee" charged at the pier.. I seem to be swamped. It looks like I'm paying big no matter what. drat.

I truly look forward to coming to your "neck of the woods" and sitting myself down to watch to river flow! Thank you so much for all your information.... again it has reassured me that my choice was a sound one and that I hopefully will meet more nice people like yourself while visiting! Way Kewl!

The only part of La Porte I really saw was from Hwy 146 to the pier. It seemed very industrial, and I didn't go far enough south to see the La Quinta. That's the only reason I asked. Actually, I just learned that a friend from high school lives in Seabrook now. We will be staying there and visiting with her the night before the cruise.

Hello Diving BlueBonnet!!

Well at least you have two wonderful things in your "bonnet" these days! ~ a place to stay --- and --- the op to visit with an old friend! Super! I think that's great! And I hear that Seaport is nice!

So.. for now.. life is good again and smiles are abundant! :)

ZydeDiverDC - call the Seabrook Enterprise location directly at (281) 474-4466. They are the only car rental close to the port. I've heard from others you can park the car in their lot and they will pick it up for you while you're away. It's worth a try to not have to drive back to the airport!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Where as Enterprise is not open on Sundays to have them pick up at terminal would be additional days cost. and they would not be able to come to terminal to pick up on Sunday return. basically would still need way into and out of cruise terminal.

I did read that the Sun will be offering a shuttle to the Hobby airport while on board. at $20 a person. This seems to be the lowest I have seen so far. But the prospect of hundreds of people trying to get into vans that morning seems chaotic to me.. and things can get lost. I will use this method if nothing else presents itself to me.

as for getting from airport to cruise terminal.. I am still researching that avenue too!!! Thankyou !

Archived