Japanese in Vancouver

Which would you choose, Kobe Japanese Steakhouse or Gyu Japanese Teppanyaki Restaurant? I have read great things about Tojo's, but I'm sure my son would prefer the show the chefs put on in the Teppan style restaurants. Also, we don't usually choose to go to chain restaurants but will.

Just in case you wouldn't choose either, we already have reservations at Lumiere & The Observatory. Is there a restaurant near the Fairmont Waterfront that you would recommend over either of these? Thanks :)

Thanks grouchy,

We're definitely going to Lumiere & The Observatory. :) I'm looking for a 3rd dinner. Can you give me a little more info. on Tojo's? We like sushi for an appetizer, but can't make a meal of it. We prefer a cooked entree. :D We also like an interesting dessert menu. When you refer to Teppanyaki, is this the same as Gyu? How good is it? :p Would you recommend it, or do you just think it's the better of the 2 choices? We don't have to eat Japanese, I'm just trying to come up with a great restaurant that isn't seafood. We're going to have a lot of that.

than Sushi! Yummy Teriyaki and Tempura etc...

Why not do something fun with your sun-it is 2 blocks from The Hyatt and called Brazil. You pay a flate price and they walk around with large skewers of meats and fowl. Beef,lamb,chicken,alligator,ostrich etc... You say what you want and they have large knives which they cut off a slice. Some are flambed-so it is a show. I will find the web site.

What does your son like to eat?

Thanks again! :) Our son's a very adventurous eater. I used to label him, "a foodie in training", but his training period should be over by now. ;) We were leaning toward the Teppan style restaurants not only for the food, but also the show. I don't care for tempura, or soy sauce, which also eliminates teriyaki. I did take another look at the Tojo's menu & some of the specialities appeal to me. I'll check out the other website, as well. :)

Archived