RCI Post-Cruise Hotels in Galveston

Felidae

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in Galveston after their RCI cruise. I am going in January and, as of yet, neither the RCI agent nor I are able to access Galveston hotels. Any clues as to when the Galveston hotels might show up online? The agent said that RCI probably hasn't contracted with anyone yet.

Hi Felidae and welcome to the boards! Have you tried Galveston.com yet? Then go to specials at top of page, and then down to specials for cruisers and it has hotel rates where you can leave your car there during your cruise for free, some with shuttles to pier. Understanding your post, you may want to stay 1 night at hotel pre-cruise to park for free and then others when you get back. Hope this helps, if need more help then just post away!!:D

Thanks! I won't be driving, though. I'll be flying and RCI is arranging this. I'll look at the site.

Hi Felidae....

Have you considered booking your air and hotel yourself? I suspect you may be able to save some money that way.

It's always good to fly in a day early. You eliminate a lot of the risk associated with travel delays.

BTW, we stayed 1 night pre-cruise @ The Hotel Galvez. A very nice hotel. (Spring Break 2005)

Bob's Mom--

This is my first cruise and I'd like to let RCI take care of me. I don't want to have to hassle with setting up my own transfers, etc. My cruise leaves at 6:00PM, so I don't know that it's necessary to get there the day before. If I like this cruise and I take more, I might eventually get comfortable enough to make my own pre and post cruise arrangements. My philosophy--in almost everything--is to put convenience before cost.:)

Archived