Viking Star: If excursions no longer show as "options" are they sold out?

Ukalady

As folks in DV, we don't get to choose our excursions until later this month for our May 30 departure on the "Viking Homelands" itinerary.

I'd put our chosen excursions in our "wish list" on MyVikingJourney.com but now see that one of them has "disappeared" from the wish list. In exploring further, I find that the two excursions in Flam we were interested in now longer "show" as possibilities (half- and full-day combo bus/rail). Does that mean they've sold out and are not available?

If so, I'm heading over to the "Ports of Call" forum to get tips on booking the "Norway In a Nutshell" outside excursion ahead of time....

Some of the tours in Bergen were cancelled by Viking. We had signed up for a tour on the afternoon of the Christening to go up a mountain (can't remember the name of the mountain) and it was cancelled by Viking. I think the only thing that ended up being available on that day was the included tour of Bergen. Not 100% sure though.

That day is a national holiday, and I think Viking cancelled all the other tours. There's supposed to be a parade in Bergen that day - maybe getting buses through the town was the cause - don't know.

If you go to the Homelands roll call for the maiden cruise there's a number of us who have signed up for the Nutshell trip. There's quite a few messages about it. Also, Trip Advisor has a lot of info on the Nutshell along with good (and bad) reviews.

Thanks, id4elizabeth, but this isn't the maiden cruise--this is a later itinerary.

I'm kinda hoping someone can explain the "disappearance" on this itinerary--perhaps both these excursions are already sold out... otherwise I don't know what the disappearance means.

Maybe I'll ask over at the roll call for this one to see if someone can "look" for availability who has higher priority booking status.

I'm counting on you maiden cruise folks to iron out all the details for the rest of us ;)