Cape Liberty for handicapped...

DelawareTom

While I sailed out of Cape Liberty a year ago, I have not been out of the new terminal. My questions are:

- How does it work for handicapped drop off at the new terminal?

- Is there seating just inside the terminal to wait for the person parking the car?

- Where do you go to get wheelchair assistance?

Thanks so much for your help.

While I sailed out of Cape Liberty a year ago, I have not been out of the new terminal. My questions are:

- Is there seating just inside the terminal to wait for the person parking the car?

New terminal a delight. Cars drop off luggage, so entrance area a little crazed, but once inside lots of seating to wait for person parking. Most parking a short walk back, but there is a shuttle if needed.

Once all inside, a few check in points and picture (if not done before) and a short flat walk to escalator/elevator. Then two 50 foot walkways to ship. Easy walk, w/c or scooter.

A little longer exiting ship as sometimes customs backs up and persons held back in hallways. In addition, holding area of luggage is huge, a walk and then another walk to obtain a porter. So if you felt it was easy getting on and perhaps think you think you don't need w/c assistance....think again, as it is longer and more waiting!

No sign of enclosed garage for cars yet 6/15....guess it's coming eventually. V.

Edited by vickila

When I sailed on the Quantum (Feb 2015), there was a guy with clipboard just inside the door. Tell him you want a wheelchair, and he'll put your name down (so you will be taken in order). Then, have a seat nearby. (Yes, there is seating, but you will want to get your name on the list while waiting for your driver.) I managed to snag a guy with I-pad and got checked in while waiting for a wheelchair pusher. (There are plenty of wheelchairs, but not many pushers.) Far left security line was for wheelchairs. By the way, the pusher will only take you as far as the elevators (on deck 5), not up to the buffet.

Thanks to you both. If you know, where do you drop you luggage - before or after you pass the front door? My assumption is that dropping the handicapped person off at the front door is not a problem?

Cars pull up to curb area before front door to unload luggage and pick up/drop off people. It is a little crazy. Once inside, a different form of crazy....but lots of seating area and folks to direct you. Cabins not available until 1:30 pm. Make your carryons simple. Enjoy.