Pre Cruise Activities

rtfisher

I am looking for activities for our group of 18 from ages 8 to 65, to do while traveling. In particular i am looking for word search puzzles and such that can be done on the road and in the hotels as we have a LOOONNNGGG drive ahead of us. (and back)

Hopefully some of you can point me in the right direction as i am preparing travel packets for everyone in our group. I just know that this forum can give me some interesting ideas.

Aside from finding all of the 50 states plates, and playing punch buggy, the games we all have grown to hate after about twelve miles, here's a few:

1. Spelling names or phrases using only A.) license plates B.) road signs C.) billboards. Must be in order.

2. Dvd's make the trip go much faster.

3. Teaching the function and operation of the US (Eisenhower) Interstate System. This will eliminate a large amount of the "are we there's" and the "where are we's". (quick synopsis: evens run East-West, odds North-South, exit #'s are by mile marker, mileage is either from or to state line, etc.)

Any more?

I have recently become addicted to Sudoku puzzles. I found many that I can download on line. You could make copies of the easier ones for the younger crowd and a few of the more difficult for the older crowd. Sudoku--by the way there are many diff. ways to spell this I have found--is a number puzzle.

DVDs are a must for the younger ones. We drive from Texas to Colorado every year and the kids have figured out how many movies it takes to get from here to there and plan their day for just the right number of minutes on the DVDs. If you get a converter the kids can also play xbox or nintendo--make sure to take headphones for the kids unless you like to hear the movies and games.

Magnetic travel games are a good idea too. There is something for everyone.

Our newest favorite car game is 20Q. Twenty questions and the computer usually guesses what you are thinking of.

• 11 months later...

Archived