Coco Cay - OV Deluxe Cabana vs Beach Bungalow

I'll start (please correct me if I am mistaken with any of this) -

The Bungalows are further away from the tender, but there is transportation to them. Bungalows have direct access to the water. By some accounts, lunch may be ordered through a limited menu, or you can go to the BBQ lunch. Some people have reported that they went to the upgraded lunch (at the cabana area.)

Some Cabanas have more privacy, and all include the upgraded lunch (chicken, steak, and shrimp by some accounts.) There is no beach access where the cabanas are located (need to walk 5 - 10 minutes.) Great view of the ship. I believe the cabana area has restrooms and a bar. Some have reported that a bottle of Champagne is provided. The cabanas have a larger footprint than the bungalows (the cushioned chairs are on decking instead of the sand.

I'll know more in a few weeks!

What are the differences, besides price, of these two options? We have a group of three adults and am not sure which to pick. Thanks!

Cruisin, I think, pretty much covered it all. I am not sure about the access to the upgraded lunch for bungalows though, as only the Cabana people are supposed to have access to it. Basically it comes down to whether or not you want direct water access, which you have with a bungalow or if you prefer the nice view of the ship and being closer to the tender, which you have with the Cabana. From pictures, I felt like the Cabana gave you a better ability to get out of the sun, when you choose to. It also has it's own bathroom just for the Cabana people and it's own bar so, expect less wait time for using the bathroom and getting drinks.

I'll know more on the 13th, as we went with the Cabana and will be at Coco Cay on that day.

• 4 months later...

Was on CocoCay on 8/12/2017. Was my fourth visit but my first time in a OV cabana.

LOVED IT! We actually never left the cabana area for the entire time we were there (~10 am - 4 pm). Liked being removed from the crowds, having a cordoned off area of the beach and sea and just floating on our rafts in clear turquoise waters. BBQ lunch was impressive and included cooked-to-order steaks. We will choose the cabana option again and only if with a large group. We would not choose the expensive cabana option if only 3 were in our group.

It also helped that we had sunny skies, 80 degree temps and nearly non-existent humidity.

Edited by Nado44