Priceline and Galveston

sweetmommieof4

I probably sounded very nosy but I wanted to mention a hotel to you that is especially good if you are driving. It's the harbor house @ pier 21 which is only separated from the Grand's pier by a two-restaurant building. We stayed there prior to our Galaxy sailing last year and liked it a lot. In fact, the Grand was sailing the same day and because we walked to our ship, had to pass her first!

They have a web-site (hotel name) where you can book a room on line and, if early enough, get a pretty good deal. I think it's $105 plus tax and then the cruise duration parking is free. If they are not offering that deal, the room would probably be a little higher and they would charge $20 to leave your car in their lot while you cruise.

Considering what you'd pay for parking at the cruiselines lot ($49?), it is a nice room for the price. You are near the Strand area and some very good restaurants. For us the clincher was walking to and from the ship and not having to bother with shuttles, taxis or the like.

Have a great cruise!

Note: We are staying at the Harbor House again in April, the night before our Splendour transatlantic cruise.

If you have any questions, fire away.

Hola fellow cruisers,

Another good one is the Holiday Inn on the Beach. They have free cruise parking and free shuttle service to and from the terminal. Winter rates are a little over $100 for a room with a view of the gulf. We stayed there last year and are booked for next month.:D Thats right maties, 30 days and I'm out of here.

Archived