alumni / foremast club

lildan

Hi...does anyone know from where I can get my (+ partners) alumnus number so that we can log on to that area of the website....have given our details to the uk office but no answer so far....we sail on Sunday 29th January and would like to know that we are being included in any "extras" that may be happening onboard....!!

this will be our second sailing on Windsurf and we have received Alumnus emails so someone somewhere knows about us...

...help..!!

xxH

We haven't received our Foremast Club numbers yet from our October 2005 sailing, but I sent an email to the Guest Relations e-mail address asking when I would receive them. I was told there was 3-month lag, but they also e-mailed a password to get into that section of the site (haven't tried it yet). They may be able to supply you with yours if you give them a past booking number.

Enjoy your trip!

The password is the same for everyone. In fact they have published it in the Foremast brochure that was sent out a few days ago. To the best of my knowledge, Windstar does not have "alumni specific" activities. With the percentage of repeat customers, any alumni specific activities would include most of the people on the ship!

Right now, the Foremast section on the we site really does not have any information on it except a listing of the cruises that provide a discount to the Alumni. They are planning enhancements to the site to include additional information. Specifically the web site states:

"Coming Soon! Our past guests will have a Foremast® Club number ID look up and a display of up to five most recent cruise history along with the ability to change and modify your contact preferences. "

Today I found out one other interesting note about the Foremast Club. In past years, if someone was sailing with you, they also were entitled to the Formast Discount. However, starting with 2006 sailings, you need to have sailed with Windstar or their sister lines to get the discount.

This is neither good nor bad - just a change to what some of us were used to.

Exactly what is the discount? Does it vary according to which ship / sail date? I've been trying to price one of the Foremast cruises this winter, and can't seem to find anything that is less than brochure price. Of course, the one thing I still don't have is my Foremast number... which is probably the key thing to checking prices on-line.

Thanks, Love...

Windstar did send me a password, but it doesn't matter whether I use it to login in or not (apparently you don't need a password - just click the login button). I don't see any difference between using or not using it, the same data displays either way for me.

Guess I'll just sit back and wait!!

Archived