Cave Tubing/Zipline combo with Nacho/Cynthia "THE BEST"accept no imitations

southfloridian

This is my first review on our first cruise. I am not one to write reviews, but I was helped greatly by those who have written them in the past that I decided to write one as well. Warning: this will be long and extremely detailed, so those who wish to continue reading will know exactly what to expect.:)

Our first port of call was Belize and we didn’t really know what to expect. After making reservations online I wasn’t sure if Nacho and Cynthia would show up or how reliable they would be. Let me put your mind at peace. They were there early waiting for us right as we stepped out of the terminal. There were two other families going with us as well, so Cynthia took us to the van while Nacho waited for the others to show up. While we waited Cynthia answered all our questions regarding currency and type of life in Belize. She also gave us a nice history lesson about her country, the cruises and how they’ve impacted the country.

When the other family arrived we were on our way. Sunny, the driver got us to the Jaw Paw quickly and safely. During our drive there Nacho pointed out landmarks, trees, types of housing we even searched for and spotted a crocodile. He also gave us a history lesson about the country, ethnic groups, language etc… very educational and very entertaining.

Once we arrived at the Jaguar Paw we went towards the Zip line area. Because we had to wait for the other two families (their groups are usually smaller then the 16 we had that day) we were a bit later than they normally show up. Please read my comments at the bottom on making sure you get off the boat on the first tender, which we did, but the other families didn’t. When we got there the line of people from the cruise waiting to go on the zip line was huge. Nacho and Cynthia have a great rapport with the zip line operators and they would have let us go in front if we had a smaller group.

While the cruise people waited on that very long line we walked to the cave tubing area :rolleyes: . It was a 15 min walk (With the cruise tour is a 50 min walk). Nacho and Cynthia have permission to go through private property, so our walk is easier and shorter. We geared up with our headlamps, vests and tubes. I have an 8-year-old son, whom would have not been able to do either the zip line or the cave tubing with the cruise. He was fitted with a small tube and made sure his lamp fit just right. Cynthia took my son and did not let go of his tube the whole time (one small emergency exception to come). The inside of the caves is awesome. The stalactite and stalagmite formations are incredible. There is also a small waterfall, bat holes (we didn’t see any bats) and rock formations that we seen on the right angle make up interesting shapes, the most unforgettable was the shape of a Jaguar. I lost track of how long we were actually in the caves, I would guess a bit more than ½ hr.

From the time we went in I saw a light shinning in the distance, it would grow dimmer at times, I just thought it was another group. We took our time going through the cave, the boys in the other families in our groups really enjoyed themselves. I am tubing-challenged, so Cynthia grabbed hold of my tub as well to keep me from spinning in circles. Poor Cynthia did most of the paddling and let us relax and really enjoy ourselves. When we got closer to the light we realized it was an older lady stuck in a triangle shaped crevice in the cave, she’d been spinning trying to free herself and her tour group was long-long gone. She was upset, mad and frustrated. Cynthia stopped, and went ,help her out, and pushed her in the right direction. I felt so bad for this lady, she’d been there, stuck, since we got there. I am so bad at tubing that it could have been me.:eek: had I toured with someone else.

After tubing, we went to lunch. On our way back from the zip line we saw were the cruise people have lunch. We instead went into a different (much prettier) area in an air-condition building. It was a beautiful day, so we all decided to eat outdoors. While we were waiting for the food we saw a monkey and a nose-pointed kind of raccoon, they call squash. The monkey used to be a pet so he’s used to people. The squash came down and even climbed on one of the guys from our group. We had so much fun and took lost of pictures of the squash and monkey. Food was great, and believe me we have picky eater in our family.

After lunch we walked back to the Zip line area. By this time there was no line at all. We were fitted a harness and a helmet. The zip line operators are wonderful!! They were very reassuring and you can tell that they just love their jobs and they love working with people. We took a three-minute hike, the terrain is not bad, uphill, but in good shape. We got to the first platform where we were explained all safety procedures and how we should position our selves. Basically, you have the line to slide and two back-up lines, the equipment is quite new, but if the main line were to break there are two more. Once you’re hooked up one of the operators, we had two for 8 people, he went down the line and demonstrated how to do it, hold on lift feet and off you go. brake when/ if he tells you to. It was great!!! You are above the tree canopy, so you don’t feel like you are that high up, not scary at all, just fun. My eight year old, who’s very small and afraid of his own shadow, had a blast. The tour operators were very sweet and encouraging to him and to all of us. There was even a lady on our group that was scared to begin with and they hooked up a third safety line to her just to reassure her. After zipping from platform to platform we had to rappel to get down the last one. That’s the only time you see how high you are, but if afraid, all you have to do is not look down.

On our drive back to the port Nacho had some funny/ clean riddles and fun things to ponder, it was fun.

We relaxed for a little while and before we knew it (it is supposed to be a 40 or so min drive) we were back. Cynthia told us where to shop (not where most people from the ship buys) and approx. prices. We shopped and bought a couple of souvenirs before getting on our tender and heading back to the ship.

All in all a wonderful day!!:D

The difference between a private tour with Nacho/ Cynthia and the ship’s or other private one’s:

Very reliable

Other than having to wait for the other two families, usually as soon as you get off the ship you are on your way and beat the crowds.

The entertaining History and Cultural insights are great

Cynthia and Nacho have a great relationship with the operators, so as their group, we had unbelievable attention that I did not see with any of the other groups, they were just sort of rushed through.

No waiting in lines whatsoever. Just for this it’s worth it. I wouldn’t want to spend a couple of hrs. waiting, especially in the summer months.

The individual attention was incredible, I would have hated being the lady in the caves (by the way she was with an independent tour also I don’t know which one, but the ship goes somewhere else)

This post is long enough, but in one word they are incredible, they care for people and it shows. This is not just a job, they enjoy doing this and they very proud of they country and culture and it shows.

Additional notes: This tour is worth every penny and even more if you choose Cynthia and Nacho. Do not be afraid of tubing, they’ll take care of you. Do not be afraid of doing the Zip line, you’ll be very safe. For me doing the combo is a must. You are there, spend the extra few dollars and do it, you’ll be missing out if you don’t.

To make sure you get off in the first tender. We got tickets, but we also went to the Theater with the people who booked through the ship. The purser was really sneaky about this; she reassured us we would get off on the first tender. It is the first tender for the general people not for those who booked through the ship. In reality it is the 3rd tender to leave the ship. Those who booked through the ship are asked to go to the theater (the other side of the ship) 10 min before docking time. In Belize was 9:00, so 10 min before that. They did not asked us for tickets, the only thing they will ask you to carry in your hand is your sea pass card. We left when they called the Zip and tubing combo people, BEAD is the code, but any of the first ones they called is fine. As we were boarding the tender an announcement was made for those with tickets for tender 1 to go to a certain area, so they don’t even gather people with tickets until after the ship’s tour groups are on their way.

I would highly recommend this tour. Book with Nacho and Cynthia they are the best. We had a great time and came home with some incredible pictures and wonderful memories. I’d be happy to answer any questions I will also try to figure out how to post pictures. Thanks for reading.

Their Website: www.ncqadventuretours.com

They charge $125 for groups of 5 or more $145 for groups of 2-4

Her's his email explaining what it includes.

Hi Mary;

Yes, I do offer only the Aerial Trek tour. For this tour we charge US$95/person. This tour is done at the Jaguar Paw Jungle Resort area. And , after your adventure, we will have lunch (which is included) inside the air-conditioned restaurant of the resort. Plus, if we have time after lunch, I will give you a small tour of the resort, where you will get to see a few wildlife and a small, but beautiful, butterfly farm.

For the combo tour of Aerial Trek/Cave Tubing, I charge US$145/person with a minimum of 2-4 people or US$125/person with a minimum of 5 or more people. Both of these tours are done at the Jaguar Paw Jungle Resort with all of the above included.

Please let me know what you decide and then I will send you info on how, when and where we would meet at the docks.

Thanks, Nacho/Cynthia

southfloridian:

can I ask which ship you sailed? I also am booked wih Nacho and Cynthia for the dual excursion. I'd love to take advantage of your "inside info." on hopping on the earliest tender available but I'll be on the Grand Princess so I don't know if these "tricks" will work for me. I also have an 8 yr. old coming along and she is SKINNY! 52 inches and 52 pounds. You mentioned that your son is small. Did the harnesses fit well for him? Were they tight enough/safe enough for a child that small?

Also, what footwear did you wear? I heard on other posts that those in water shoes had sore feet at the end but they may have been on a ship tour which, according to your review, has alot more walking.

Last question (I promise) : was the water running high and fast? I know there's been some rain there lately.

Really enjoyed your review! Thanks in advance for the answers!

Mrs. Gump,

We sailed with RCI Explorers of the Seas. you may want to go to the board to your specific cruise line and ask about tendering or hang around the excursion booking area in the ship, once someone books a tour through them you can discretly ask them, directly, about where/when they were told to gather. My husband did this, just to make sure we had the right information.

Funny that you mention your daughter's weight. My son is also 52", 52 lbs. Yes, the harness is small and it was fitted just righ for him.

We bought a new pair of water shoes at Walmart, the ones we bought have laces and a thicker sole than the older kind. An old pair of snickers would work, but you would need a spare pair to change after the tubing.

As far as the current, the depth changes, but it is not very deep at all. there were a couple of spots were we had to lift our bottoms, this was 2 weeks ago. The water was the strongest during a short, shallow 'rapid' sp? if you can even call it that, shortly after we started. Basically is just a small drop that I probably would have not noticed if it wasn't because one of the boys in our group jokingly called "rapids".

If you have any more questions, let me know. I was greatly helped by this site and I hope to do the same for others.

Don't worry too much about details. Your family is going to have a wonderful time!

Thanks for all the info! Just wondering, how long was your day - from the time you met them at the pier until they dropped you back at the pier?

The ship arrived at 9:00, we met with them at 9:20 but had to wait for the other group until 10:00am

They dropped us off back at the pier before 5:00 pm, I think it was 4:20 or something like that, because we shopped for a while.

Thanks to the great information we just booked with Nacho and Cynthia for the aerial and cave tubing adventures. All eight of us booked, we'll be in Belize on Feb. 9th, Thursday and really looking forward to this. Anybody else book for this date? I'm kinda scared but still can't wait.!:o

Is there anybody left on the board that is still here. We're heading out tomorrow from Detroit airport at 10:21am. Looking forward to meeting everyone the first night at the piano bar. :)

We booked the Aerial Trek/Cave Tubing Tour with Nacho and Cynthia for our day in Belize. We are so excited about this excursion......I only hope I am brave enough to do the ziplining!

I am looking at this tour for my 2 granddaughters ( 18 & 19 ).

Would like to discuss this via email My email is grandpatt@comcast.net.

Please send me an email so I can discuss.

When are you arriving in Galveston?

tonyt

Archived