ALHAMBRA Tour

patw

I posted this under the Wind Surf Lisbon to Barcelona this afternoon while the board was not functioning properly. When I logged back on several hours later, it was posted but still was with the 3/13 posts and I was afraid it would be missed so I am posting it with a new header.

FOUND- ALHAMBRA EXCURSION from Malaga!!!!!

We are on the Wind Spirit Lisbon to Barcelona on August 21.

I finally found a travel agent in Malaga who has arranged a tour from Malaga to Alhambra and return to the port. This person will arrange tickets, transportation, private guide inside Alhambra and return. The Guias Granada from whom you reserve tickets and arrange private guides, forwarded my questions to this agent.

The Managing Director of Spain Direct Travel Services, Deborah Fisher contacted me. Their website is

www.spaindirecttravel.com Spain Direct Travel Services

We have a party of 4 and the price is comparable to the Alhambra tour that is being offered by Radisson this year by bus.

If anyone wants more information, please do not hesitate to contact me by direct e-mail.

I had almost given up and was on the GG website to order tickets and hire a taxi for the day.

Pat

Pat: I have spent the better part of the morning trying to find such a tour group (port in Malaga to The Alhambra). I'm new to this board and can't seem to find your e-mail address. The web site doesn't specifically mention Alhambra visits. Could you provide a few details on what you found? Thanks.

Lovecruisingtoo:

Thanks for the new information that they have added an Alhambra tour for all of the Malaga stops. It must have been added within the last 3 weeks as that was the last time I checked the site. I had called Windstar several months ago and they assured me that all shore excursions were on the board. All tours to Alhambra from Malaga are 8 to 10 hours as the travel time is 2 hours each way plus a 3 hour tour inside Alhambra...

ErinH1:

This agency specializes in private tours and group tours. Deborah Fisher Managing director of the agency e-mailed me with the proposal. Their direct e-mail is: spaindirect@telefonica.net

If you have specific questions, you may contact me privately at mwarrick2@comcast.net

Pat

My 2 cents: Granada is a beautiful city, and the Alhambra is the most beautiful building I've ever seen. I strongly recommend that people on Windstar schedule a land trip to Granada before or after their cruise. However, are you on the ship to relax, or to see every possible sight? I think it makes more sense to see something a bit less interesting but much closer than Granada. Your cruise is supposed to be a vacation, not a marathon.

Pat: Thanks for the info--I did receive a very prompt response and quote.

To each his own, we are happiest being on the go most of the time when on vacation. So a 1-1/2 hour trip each way to see The Alhambra seems doable (especially with someone else doing the driving). Who knows if we'll ever be fortunate enough to return.

ErinH1

My sentiments entirely. We do not go on vacation to sit. We like active vacations. We are interested in learning and seeing. We are doing a 10 day pre-cruise in Portugal and Seville and a week in Barcelona/Madrid post cruise.

This will be our third time in Spain and most likely the last and I really think it is worth spending a day to visit Alhambra.

I am glad you heard from Deborah. She said she would be the one to take us since it was her slow time.

Enjoy!

Pat

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As it turned out, I was willing to go but Joan wanted a shorter tour. Only 14 of us went on the Tapas in Malaga tour, and it was fantastic. Meanwhile, nearly half the people on the ship went to Granada on the ship's tour (100 people) and a tour arranged by a travel agency (42 people). Their consensus on Granada: exhausting, but worth it. Joe

• 2 months later...

We're cruising on the Oct 29 Barcelona-Lisbon sailing. We are also spending some time in Spain prior to the cruise. The closest we'll be to Granada pre-cruise is Seville. Talking with my travel agent, we would be able to get to Granada and tour the Alhambra for about the same price as the Windstar shore excursion. I know that we could go from Seville and guarantee that I get to see the Alhambra, but that would also take a day away from Seville, which I'm not sure that I want to give up.

So the question is, how quickly does the shore excursion fill up?

• 1 month later...

Archived