CCL's "Jungle Beach Break"

Binney

My DD picked this excursion...anyone know which beach they bring us to? Is this a nice beach? DO we need water shoes? It is an open bar...what do they serve? Is there food?

Muchas Gracias!:p

Hi,

My party of 12 people also booked the "Jungle Beach Break" for later this month when we visit Costa Maya... from what I have been able to gather from Carnival's official site is that soft drinks, beer and mixed drinks come with the open bar... there is a restaurant there but it would be of extra charge... and from the pictures I have seen from this site of Uvero Beach... which is the beach we will be at... it is okay, the water looks nice and clear. I would not think you "need" water shoes... but, I am taking mine, just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

please please listen to me when I tell you not to do this excursion. Mind you I have a good time wherever I go but this place was a big dump. You could not swim in the seaweed infested water, The food lines where about a 20 minute wait ( FOOD WAS GROSS) the bathrooms were so dirty and the free alchol the gave you all day was bottom shelf liquor that makes you soooo sick. Oh I forgot the best part we almost got killed getting there. Our bus driver thought it was funny to drive really fast through a one lane highway as we were hitting the branches from the trees. Everyone was screaming to slow done,he didn't listen. We are trying to get our money back it was 50 dollars per person.

P.S. On our ride back the bus driver hit an alligator and we all thought it was a person,he got out an put the dead alligator in the bus and said that was dinner.

please please listen to me when I tell you not to do this excursion. Mind you I have a good time wherever I go but this place was a big dump. You could not swim in the seaweed infested water, The food lines where about a 20 minute wait ( FOOD WAS GROSS) the bathrooms were so dirty and the free alchol the gave you all day was bottom shelf liquor that makes you soooo sick. Oh I forgot the best part we almost got killed getting there. Our bus driver thought it was funny to drive really fast through a one lane highway as we were hitting the branches from the trees. Everyone was screaming to slow done,he didn't listen. We are trying to get our money back it was 50 dollars per person.

P.S. On our ride back the bus driver hit an alligator and we all thought it was a person,he got out an put the dead alligator in the bus and said that was dinner.

I try to have a good time wherever I go, too...this time it was a little too much. I hit the open bar and Tonai (said Toe-Naye) made me have a "Cucuracha" for breakfast. A Cucuracha is a double shot made from rum, tequila and a touch of Kahlua. WOW!!!!! I don't do shots, but I had people around me egging me on, so down the hatch it went...along with the rest of my common sense. I thought it would be smart to tip...this only ensured my descent into drunkenness...the drinks the rest of the day (which I did not have the sense to stop drinking) were NOT WEAK!

I thought that the beach was nice...white sand with some beach grass out in the water (attached to the bottom, not floating) but none on the beach. It was very clean.

The above poster mentioned that the food lines were about a 20 minute wait ...I didn't even know there was food there!

The day I went, the bathrooms were fine - they just would not let you put the paper into the toilet and flush, they had a trash can for that, but they were clean.

Long story short...this is for extreme partiers. I enjoyed it too much!:o

ENOUGH SAID:eek:

Are you serious that you actually hit an alligator, and the bus driver put the dead thing on the bus and said it was dinner? Because that either sounds like an episode of Candid Camera or it makes your story seem a little far-fetched.

yes that is a very true story. I can honestly say I don't think that will ever happen again in my lifetime. The driver said that his family was going to eat the skin of the alligator. When we first hit it we all thought it was a person,because he really didn't know how to drive. It was not pleasant. When we got back to port he took it out of the cab of the bus and held it up like he had just won a prize...

yes that is a very true story. I can honestly say I don't think that will ever happen again in my lifetime. The driver said that his family was going to eat the skin of the alligator. When we first hit it we all thought it was a person,because he really didn't know how to drive. It was not pleasant. When we got back to port he took it out of the cab of the bus and held it up like he had just won a prize...

Maybe he was aiming for it! :D

My family and I did this a couple of weeks ago. We went mainly because my daughter in law, myself and grandchildren did the dolphin swim which is at the same place. The dolphin swim was the best thing I have ever done. The beach was not the best - to must seaweed. They kept trying to clean it up. The food was optional - not included in the excursion. When we were there the restrooms were clean and all we drank was beer and soft drinks...

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I did this tour last week and was somewhat disappointed with the beach. As other posters have said, it's difficult to swim with the "grass/sea weed" just as you enter the water. A lot of people on the ship enjoyed the tour due to the "open bar". There were food lines, but sure of the length of time. Most people just found a clear spot in the water without the weeds and stood or floated around. If you don't care about the open bar, the tour is only worth about $20 not the $50 that is charged.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am somewhat confused about the jungle beach break. It says it is located on uvero beach about 40 min from the dock but there is also a beach break party that is also on uvero beach at Pez Quadro in town. By the pictures it looks like the same place but town is only 10 min from the dock. Could someone please tell me if the jungle beach break is the same or if it is at a diffrent location? Also is this where the dolphin swim is? Thanks so much!!

I believe Pez Quadro is a different place. We have booked this for our cruise next week.. costs is $30.00 all inclusive with drinks and pay extra for either lobster, shrimp and quesidillas... this is only a little ways away from the port. The other beach is the one Carnival uses that is about a 40 minute drive from the port and you are kind of in the middle of nothing.

Thank's so much for the info. We will be there on the sixth of December, our ninth wedding anniversary sailing on the Explorer of the Seas and after reading all the info it sounds like the beach party is a much better option since it is so much closer and we wanted to go into town anyway. I hope you have an awsome time there. Let us know when you get back.

Archived