Motel 6 in Galveston??

talar63

Does anyone know about the motel 6 in Galveston? Is it in a decent location? Having stayed with this chain before, I know it's just bare minimum, which is fine, but we are all females traveling & just need to know if it is in a decent location to stay by ourselves. We are just needing a place to lay our heads after a long day of traveling...any input would be appreciated!

If you are looking for something just to spend the night, no frills, stay at Best Value Inn & Suites. We stayed there last Feb. for $50.00 a night. Room was very large and clean. 24 hour Waffle House 1/2 block away (Awesome & cheap for breakfast -- Great coffee!!)

Lori

My Fiance and I booked the mOtel 6 for our cruise.....were gettin married in Ft worth at 7 PM May 13th, THEN driving all the way to Galveston after the reception...so we will be getting into Galveston around 2AM! HEHEHE! We did not really care about how fancy the place was.....just as long as it gave us a place to sleep....it by FAR has the best rates....I think we paid like 50 bucks for the Saturday Night coming in...and then 35bucks for the Sunday night when we return........Ive heard it works for a nice, safe place to stay..I wouldnt worrry about it! GoodLuck to yall!!!!

Does Motel 6 have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal? If not, how much was a taxi? I have been trying to Google hotels in Galveston that have free shuttles but aren't having much success. I know the more expensive ones all have shuttles, but what about the "budget class" hotels?

Thanks for all the replies! I don't believe it has shuttle service,but found on the EZ Parking website where you can park your car for $50 if you book it online. They have a fenced secure area, so I think that is what we will do. ROPD184.........if you don't mind, could you let me know what you thought of the motel after you get back? Thanks....enjoy your cruise!

Hey not a problem at all......ill post back to this site when we get back and ill let ya know how it is....when is your cruise?? also....reserving the parking on line was WAY easy....i just got that taken care of too.....anyway guys!! HAVE FUN! ill holla later!!

James!

SORRY CentralCaliCruiser..I forgot you respond to yous.....when I spoke with the person At motel6they toldme they did not have free parking OR free shuttles...but from what he told me they are just a few short miles from the pier..so you may be looking at ten to fifteen dollars for a Cab if you went that route....as far as the more expensive hotels....your still ahead with going Motel 6 or somethinglike that and then either paying for a cab or for parking! ya know??? ok...bed time! NIGHT!!

Archived