Flagship Hotel - Galveston?

breanne$5

INMO I would not stay in the Flagship. The current managers have not been keeping up with the maintenance. This is so sad as it by far has the best location of any hotel in Galveston. It is built on a pier over the water. Fortunately it will have new management in approximately a year and will be totally redone. I can hardly wait. But for now I would stay somewhere else.

INMO I would not stay in the Flagship. The current managers have not been keeping up with the maintenance. This is so sad as it by far has the best location of any hotel in Galveston. It is built on a pier over the water. Fortunately it will have new management in approximately a year and will be totally redone. I can hardly wait. But for now I would stay somewhere else.

Thank you for getting back with me.

Do you know when the management will be changing, our cruise out of Galveston won't be until March 18, 2007? Any info on that would be great.

We might just you the cruiseline for our air, etc. It's hard to find a decent place, that isn't costly that weekend - everything is just about booked. And airfare is probably going up. We will be flying in from Seattle, and won't get in until late, just need somewhere to put our heads, and dream about our cruise - water view is always nice though.:)

I do not believe the Flagship will be under new management or redone by then. Try looking at the Hilton, Holiday Inn, Galvez or San Luis for water view locations. The last two or more pricey than the first two. Also the Harbor House is on the same piers as the cruise ship docks, has a water

view and is within walking distance of the ships. The Tremont House is in the historical Strand area and very nice. Unless there is something special going on that week (such as spring break or convention) you should be able to get something reasonable during that time of year.

I'm staying at the Tremont House the 2 nights before our cruise. At first it looked like they were full, but I found out by calling them that they have a 2 night minimum requirement on weekends. Still, for what it is it's very reasonably priced. The 2nd night is half off, and their regular rate is around $150/night if I remember correctly.

I think even if the Flagship gets new management, it's facing some of the same issues - everything is a tad musty, especially in cooler weather. If someone has allergies to mold, you'd be a goner there. Concrete holds moisture. I was told by someone who stayed there in the summer that the linens even seemed damp. They may not have been, but that's how it seemed to them. It is a great location though. Other options might be on the east end of the island. We spent a week at Islander East and next to it is the Galvestonian. Both are condos vs hotels, but they are actually on the beach instead of on the seawall. From our balcony, we watched all the ships, not just cruise ships, line up to go into the shipping channel. I think both places will have minimum stays as well, but are neat places.

thank you all. i'll keep checking. a condo may be a way to go, there will be 5 of us.

I did talk with my pvp yesterday, and she says they put you up at tremont or galvez, and for $500 for air, room and transfer, coming from seattle it may not be too bad of an idea this time. she said i didn't need to decide right away.

i am definately canceling the flagship!

Archived