Dawn vs Golden and Star

newcruiser24

Hi all,

I have sailed on the Dawn and had a balcony cabin. I loved the ship and had a great time. I am now considering either the Golden or the Star - would welcome any thoughts on these ships please... which you prefer, why, do you think one is better than than the other etc!

Thanks!

We sailed on the Ocean (sister to Dawn) twice and both the Grand and the Golden. I have to say that in terms of general layout we liked the Ocean better than the Grand class ships because the layout of the Grand class encourages quite a bit of congestion at certain times. On those ships there is one main passageway between the Atrium and the dining room and show lounge in the stern. Off of that are the two large bars, and along it is the photo gallery. The dining room in the stern is the traditional (fixed time) room, so you can imagine what that corridor looks like just before the late seating, which is also about the time the early show in the stern show lounge lets out. Yikes! Also, I think the Sun-class ships are just prettier than the Grand Class, but that's just me... but these are not huge concerns, as evidenced by the fact that we're booked on the Star for a cruise in April '05! Enjoy! Gene

Grand Princess 02/99

Ocean Princess 04/00

Ocean Princess 04/01

Carnival Pride 06/02

Adventure of the Seas 04/03

Golden Princess 02/04

Star Princess 04/05!!!

Archived