Question Re Changing Travel Agents

stephenandrew

Hi-
I am booked on an Alaskan Cruise Tour with Princess this July. I have put down a deposit, but not yet made final payment (due on May 5). I recently became aware that I could get a lower price for my trip that what was offered by the TA booked our reservation. The price difference was relatively large ($300+). I have been reluctant to ask my TA to lower her price--I guess I am not sure what my options are. If she refuses, can I rebook my trip with the ohter TA? Can I transfer it to the other TA w/o rebooking? Is it even "ethical" to switch?--I sort of feel like I made an commitment and now I am backing out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Prices change a lot. Call your TA and inform them that you noticed the price change and will them reprice your cruise. Most TA's will do this up to the time your final payment is made. If your TA will not reprice, your easiest and best
option is to cancel and rebook

Same situation happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Price changed in a better category and my original agent could not match it. I also wanted to transfer my booking but the new agent (and a few others at the lower price) would not accept the transfer. So I just went ahead to cancel and rebook.

Caribbean Princess 7/03/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;7;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived