Royal Princess-Promenade deck cabin

Rusty

Was on the Royal a short time ago. Was not on that deck. The windows are tinted. So people can

not see in like if it was clear glass. But most people kept the sheer curtains pulled then you

couldn't see in at all. I was amazed when taken a stroll at night they'd not pull the regular cutains. At night you could see in. That's about as much as I can can tell you. Before my cruise most posts from people on that deck were

concerened about that. But we enjoyed the ship a lot. I'll be sorry to see it go to P&O in 2005.

I specfically asked NOT to be on this deck due to "traffic" coming by at all hours.

TA Kim said that she had never had anyone complain/mention problems with the deck, but I even asked her to put in our file that we did not even want an upgrade to promenade deck.

94 Fantasy - Bahamas

95 Fantasy - Bahamas

02 Inspiration - West Carrib

03 Sensation - Exotic West Carrib

04 Royal Princess - European Explorer

I've always stayed away from Prom Deck cabins for the reasons mentioned above.

We have been on Caribe deck of the Royal Princess three times, and Baja deck once. That certainly eliminates the "looking in" problem, except when the window washer is on the prowl.

Royal Princess has always been one of my favorite ships. Never understood why Princess did not exercise its option for another of the same design, and am now sorry she is leaving the fleet.

Michael

Rusty,

We were booked on a guarantee as well, and have been assigned D246. I'm not too worried about folks looking in on me ... my lack of modesty will probably bother them more than it does me!1092.gif

Happy cruising! icon_smile.gif

Bill

Coming Attractions:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000

8/23/04 Royal Princess, 12 Day British Isles/Western Europe

3/6/05 Legend of the Seas, 11 day Ensenada to Honolulu

3/17/05 Legend of the Seas, 10 day Honolulu to Ensenada

Originally in cabin D234 on this ship last July to Norway. LOVED the Promenade deck location except for one little problem - the painter stored his long paint pole outside of our window. when the ship picked up speed each evening about 11pm we heard this continual banging outside of our window. Took us 3 days of complaining to the purser's desk b4 we finally just went outside and found the culprit. We were going to just get them to move the pole somewhere else but they INSISTED on moving us to another cabin b'c they didn't want us to have another night of problem sleep (DH is a heart patient). So, we reluctantly moved (to a 4 category DOWNGRADE on the Baja deck forward - B108). That location was fine too as far as location even tho' it was forward and partially obstructed. In fact, it was almost like we had the bow of that deck to ourselves; seems like there were never more than a couple other couples there.

We've rebooked the Royal for the Med. this September. AND WE REBOOKED A PROMENADE DECK ROOM - midship (we had an open deck plan from which to select... we chose D364 this time)! We really did love the location - it was convenient to get outside. We didn't have a problem with outdoor traffic. The first day, I went outside & DH was inside. With just the sheers drawn, I had him turn the lights off - I couldn't see him and turn the lights on - I could see the reflection from the camcorder hanging around his neck but not him.

can't wait to be back onboard the Royal Princess!

usavvy2

Royal Princess 9/04/04 - "Europe or Bust!" countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;09;04;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Archived