Wind Spirit St. Thomas Jan 20 2007 - Advice?

Newspirit

Hi,

This is our first cruise as well as our first Windstar Cruise. We are very excited about going. :)

Any advice and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some of our questions:

We are flying from New York. The ship departs at 6pm. What time can we board? Is it too risky to take a direct flight on the day of departure?

If we do arrive a day or two early should we stay in Puerto Rico or St. Thomas? Any recommendations for a resonably priced place to stay?

What excursions are recommended?

Does it realy cost $5 for a soft drink on the ship (I think I read that somewhere)?

How casual is the attire at dinner? Can I wear sandals?

Is room 220 a good room? Will it be quiet?

Is anyone else planning to go on this cruise? It would be nice to connect.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joanne and Alan

We took our first Windstar cruise this January-the St. Thomas one you are taking and we LOVED it!

to answer your questions:

we were in room 221 and it was lovely-your room will be great

i dont remember sodas costing $5-and i think i would remember if they were that pricey

we flew to st thomas a few days early-i cannot fly the day of a cruise-i would be too nervous especially that time of year (we are in chicago)-we stayed at frenchman's reef and loved it-we used miles to stay there-so i cannot comment on price

we took only 1 excursion-the Baths at Virgin Gorda and I would highly recommend it-it was a lot of fun

it was a great vacation-enjoy!

any more questions-let me know

nancy

i forgot to answer:

you can board at 2pm and the boarding process is very brief and easy

my husband wore sandals to dinner every night.....the dress for dinner was no shorts or t-shirts otherwise, no dress code

my husband did the america's cup regatta in st martin and loved it

nancy

Nancy,

Thanks so much for the info. We will definitely check out the Baths. I'm inclined to agree about not flying there on the same day. Glad to hear about the relaxed dress code. Does your husband sail or would a landlubber enjoy the America's Cup Regatta excursion?

Joanne

Lovecrusingtoo. Thanks for the info on the America's Cup Regatta. Do you need sailing experience to do this excursion?

Absolutely not. They make crew "assignments" from winch grinder to "iceberg lookout" depending on what you want to do. They explain everything to you and show you how to perform the task. It is a "race" between two boats on a shortened America's Cup race course.

• 2 months later...

Archived