thinking of a windstar cruise

lougee1043

just started looking at the web site and i cant seem to find a ships layout of cabins showing the locations of the different classes of cabin (3) did i just miss it or do i have to wait to receive the catalog

if someone has some difficulty walking - no cane -no crutches - no walker etc-- just some slowness due to prior leg surgeries---- will this create a problem embarking/disembarking and getting around the ship--- have no difficulties using a tender on the hal ships

just started looking at the web site and i cant seem to find a ships layout of cabins showing the locations of the different classes of cabin (3) did i just miss it or do i have to wait to receive the catalog

if someone has some difficulty walking - no cane -no crutches - no walker etc-- just some slowness due to prior leg surgeries---- will this create a problem embarking/disembarking and getting around the ship--- have no difficulties using a tender on the hal ships

On the Windstar and Windspirit there is really only one class of cabin. There is one "owners" cabin which is slightly larger than the other cabins. The Windstar and Windspirit ships do not have elevators so all passengers must be able to go up or down a couple of flights of stairs. As for embarking and disembarking, again there is one flight of stairs that must be climbed.

By and large the ships are small enough to get around comfortably. To board and leave the ship you will use the main activities deck.

For people with minor mobility issues such as those you describe, a Wind Star cruise may even be better than a megaship with elevators because the lateral distances are all short.

Archived