How Do I get to Galveston???

funat55

I'm sailing on the Ecstasy on Aug. 12th which leaves from Galveston. I'm coming from Southern California and need to know the best way to get to Galveston. Is Houston the closest airport? Are there shuttles from Houston to Galveston? I'll probably fly in a day ahead. Any suggestion on where to stay??

For Galveston, you fly into Houston. There are 2 airports in Houston. Houston Hobby (HOU) is the closest at about 45 minutes to an hour away from Galveston. It is serviced by Southwest and Airtran and a few of the majors have some flights into it (not a lot). George Bush (IAH) is about 1.5 to 2 hours away, but will have more choices of flights as all the majors fly into it.

A lot of people use shuttle services like www.galvestonlimo.com or Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle to get to the port.

Another option is to rent a car, although be aware that there is usually a one-way drop off fee in Galveston.

I used a private driver.

I highly recommend flying in a day early, especially since the port is pretty far away from the airports.

Archived