Cruise countdown for daughter

cdpteach

I made a countdown until our cruise for our daughter who is 3 1/2 . I took construction paper, and made links (like a paper chain) for each day until our cruise. Each day...she tears one off. Now as the chain gets smaller, the days are getting closer! She wakes up so excited to tear off a link!!! Hope others enjoy this idea! (I also used to use this idea when I was teaching....for special days/vacations coming up.):cool:

I think that's adorable! It's very hard sometimes to explain to the children how long it's going to be before an event occurs. Usually for my kids we can mark a calendar on the wall and count the days before something happens. For the cruise, you could make a couple special links like "Packing Day" or "Buy a new dress Day." Silly little things that help the days go by. Happy travels!

• 1 month later...

I made these signs with scrapbooking stuff and chalkboard paint for my daughters, who are much older. Started with '179 Days till Jamaica!!' and today we are down to '2 days'.

Only the number is in chalk the rest is in white paint pen so its easy to change. Its a great gift for parents or friends. Mine hangs in my office.

Archived