Panama tours

gannie

Which tour is better in Panama, the Grand Tour or the Panama Canal Tour? The latter actually goes through the canal, and it looks like the Grand T. just goes there. Anybody been on either one and have a preference? We will be on the Liberty in March.:)

We just returned from the Liberty and did the Panama Canal. We did a partial transit which is through 2 of 3 locks. I found it amazing that they could have built something like that almost 100 years ago. It's a long busride there and a long busride back, 2 hours each direction. No restrooms, either. I enjoyed it immensely but my wife and teen kids got bored. It is a long day especially after losing an hours sleep with the time change but I figured I would never have another opportunity to see the canal. Colon is a dump. Don't even think of walking around.

We took the Panama Canal tour (DH and me, 2 kids - 13 and 10) and we all loved it. The bus ride was long but, like the previous poster, I wasn't going to Panama and not going through the locks.

My parents took a different tour - maybe it was the Grand Tour. They went to the Canal, but didn't go through it like we did. I think they had a little bit of a train ride, a visit to a village (where they danced and my dad made it on the cruise video) and probably did some other things.

I really enjoyed the ferry through the Canal. It was hot out (February) but it was really nice on top of the ferry. My family wouldn't have liked the other tour, but my parents were very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived