Packing list - found on these boards before

alwzrgt

Looking for a packing list -

Cruised a couple of years ago and hit these boards...and was referred to an incredible link with an itemized packing list -

It was the MOST helpful thing ever!

ANYONE THAT KNOWS WHERE TO FIND THIS LINK OR HAS IT PLEASE SEND IT TO ME

mjpeardon@yahoo.com

My boyfriend thought I was a bit crazed, but durning & after our trip (and still today) he comments on how incredilbe the "list" is

Even gave some tips to his brother to use in his dinky 1 bedroom apt (that's houses 2 adults, 1 teen and 2 kids 7, 1)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks for this link! Looks like a VERY long list....but there are things on it I wouldn't have thought of.

That list cracks me up every time I read it. I think "are they cruising or camping?". I think I took off 75 items before even leaving the carry on.

So, beware, if you didn't think of it, you probably don't need it and it will only take up precious packing space. Take only what is essential and what you need to make it through the week.

Yep, I counted as I read this list once again, I took 72 items off without even thinking twice. BE CAREFUL, just because someone else lists this stuff, it is not essential.

It is a long list - but worth reading and thinking about. There are several items that I didn't take/need. BUt I did take something I never thought I'd use - and I did! My Boyfriend thought I was CRAZY!!!!! for checking that list and bringing half the things I did -

Were cruising again in 3 weeks and he's been asking if I've got the list - He's a true convert - AND that's saying ALOT!

PLUS....we used the post it notes to make smiley faces on our porthole - We got a great laugh when we tendered out and everyone saw it. People, including us - took pictures. Plus we coud identify out room from the outside

Yes....I too eliminated MOST of the things on the list......but I certainly wrote a few new items on MY list. Some of the things I added to my list were:

the post its

highlighter

tiny flashlight

Anti diahreal/pepto bismal

Sewing kit

Super glue

Power cord with outlets

Bottle opener

small roll duct tape

These might be overkill too......but they were just a few things I hadn't thought of and that might prove handy. Some of them you just HOPE you won't need!

That packing list is hilarious........TRUE, but hilarious. And I know what Happy ks means: am I camping or cruising? Well, honestly, I bring ALOT of that stuff when I DO take the RV out. As long as you have the space, why not use it. I realize you may need one item only one time, but it will be there. Like a sewing kit: let's hope you don't pop a button, but you can repair it if you need.

Also, sometimes on excursions, it ain't worth saving the clothes you brought with ya. Do an adventure excursion with older jeans/tshirts/shoes, and then toss 'em out when you return to the ship. Frees up the space for a nice new dress or outfit from the local shops!

Here's something I do. Since I sew and crochet ALOT, I make several purses and lightweight wraps for my cruise. I give one to my cabin attendant as a thank you gift. They like handmade items (although they do have limited space in THEIR cabins), I try to make it something that isn't too big. And since I put my 'label' inside, they will alway know who cared to make it for them!

I thought the list very good. however everybody needs to take/not take based on there needs. I also take some of those wet disenfecting wipes. Then I can go over things in my cabin and feel better and if something breaks out I will be covered. also I take some air freshener, both spray and the solid type. Never know what smell your cabin may have.(or what some dinner might do to you or your partner)

The camera stuff is old based on digital stuff. I take my lab top and download my pics as I go. This summer I am also taking one of the small printers and will put together an album along the way. (because if i wait to get home i will not have the time) also throw in a few dvd to watch on the lab top if I want.:D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

1 bag

I take a black suit with white shirt and several dark ties. I dry-clean between formal nights.

2 pair of shorts

2 t-shirts

2 pairs of slacks

2 polo shirts

2 silk shirts

underwear

dress shoes

casual shoes

sandals

personal items

iPod

book to read