Week Countdown Traditions!

Keggy0403

I am actually just unpacking from 10 PanCan trip, and pre-paring for 2/26 on Holiday. Will replinish necessaries...be packed and bagged well b4, drive 100 miles to Mobile the day b4, and shop on the way at the places not in my town, make park res at Admrl Semmes to park, stay at HOJO near mall, have a nice dindin, sleep, be at hotel for a grand b'fast, wait for shuttle to ship. Can be 1st to go with Mr. Earl and be on board by 11-ish..unpack..and strt to enjoy..so it is actually a week process...getting there is 1/2 the fun !

One month before, we hold a "precruise" dinner at one of our fave restaurants. We always seem to have a bunch of people joining us & we are all linked together somehow but not everyone knows each other, so it's fun to put faces to the names of the people we haven't met yet & it's a great "reunion" for those of us who already know each other!

I usually start weekly countdown e-mails to traveling friends about 6-7 weeks before. They are usually just a funny little e-mail stating how many days until we set sail, with either some pictures I find that may pertain to where we are going, or some fun smilies that pertain to what I am writing...Traveling pals seem to like them...it really starts to get everyone in countdown mode.:D

i start a month out tanning, ive been working on my packing list since i booked it (5months ago) and have it ready to print and bring home. complete fun pass registration, manicure, pedicure, hair cut, go through clothing options, go clothes shopping, listen to Caribbean/beachy songs 24/7 until its time to go....oh yea - keep rubbing it into coworker and family member's faces that I'M goign and they ARE NOT! sorry, im a bad girl. then, morning of the flight, i'll cry like a baby leaving my DH and 5yr DS for a week. once im in the air to paradise (via new orleans) they are fogotten about until the last day of the cruise. mommy's need me time! when i come back, im a mor relaxed mommy, wife, employee...and im on the phone with my travel agent booking something for the whole family. AHHH. all is well in the world.

i start a month out tanning, ive been working on my packing list since i booked it (5months ago) and have it ready to print and bring home. complete fun pass registration, manicure, pedicure, hair cut, go through clothing options, go clothes shopping, listen to Caribbean/beachy songs 24/7 until its time to go....oh yea - keep rubbing it into coworker and family member's faces that I'M goign and they ARE NOT! sorry, im a bad girl. then, morning of the flight, i'll cry like a baby leaving my DH and 5yr DS for a week. once im in the air to paradise (via new orleans) they are fogotten about until the last day of the cruise. mommy's need me time! when i come back, im a mor relaxed mommy, wife, employee...and im on the phone with my travel agent booking something for the whole family. AHHH. all is well in the world.

• 1 month later...

My DH and I both own our own businesses so we are scrambling to cover our spots while we are gone. We love cruising so much, but it is killer trying to get out of town. He is trying to paint as many items as possible so others can finish them while he is gone. I am trying to finish a ton of reports and work out coverage for all my patients. Everyone seems lost without us. Everyone wants to know if we plan on checking email while we are gone!

In addition, I am doing the gym thing and tanning in preparation along with near daily trips to the store for odds and ends that need to be packed. My cruise packing list is hung on the door of the spare bedroom and all the bags are laid out. My DH thinks we should just purchase duplicates of everything and keep them packed for each trip. Sounds like a plan!

This final week will be manicure, pedicure, and hair cut appointments. I will probably make a rum drink and listen to some calypso music while packing!

I'm still five and a half weeks out, but here's my general plan:

Two months prior: shop for bathing suits and cute coverups, start doing sit-ups!

Six weeks prior: Advance registration and being researching excursions. No more eating out, gotta save up for the bar bill!

One month prior: Begin reminding my husband on a daily basis that we are XX days away. (This was pushed up a couple of weeks by some wicked ice storms)

Two weeks away: Organize i-pod playlist, begin hair removal/self-tanning lotion rituals

One week away: Try on swimsuits to see if situps worked:p , buy sunscreen.

Day before: Pack, get on plane, get ready to chill...

Can't freakin wait!!

I got my manicure and pedicure today. Choose a nice OPI color called Cajun Shrimp be fitting of the weather on our trip, but not exactly something others here would wear right now. I have a hair appointment tomorrow. I picked up my formal wear from the dry cleaners today. Now it is time for the fun stuff!

I got a new camera and an ipod for the trip too. Nothing like a cruise for an excuse to buy new things.....like I needed an excuse. :D

I am getting SO EXCITED! I just can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived