Colon Beaches

8nasty8

I have not been there in a number of years, so with that in mind, this info may rather dated. There really is not much around Colon in terms of beaches. Most anything that would pass for a beach is some distance from the port. I think you might be better off saving your beach activity for another port.

Nasty:

We were in Colon in December and went on MyFriendMario's Gatun Locks and Beach tour....First we went to a pretty nice beach between Colon and Portobelo...took about 30 mins or so to get there...beach time, had lunch there at the little beach restaurant....excellent...the garlic shrimp was fantastic! We saw other people from the ship just come in a taxi, so I imagine that's doable if all you're looking for is beach time. pretty quiet beach....not too many people there...some from the ship and some locals. I don't think there are any beaches really close to Colon.

Don't know the name of the beach we went to, but it was probably 2/3 of the way from Colon, on the way to Portobelo, which, BTW,is an interesting town with a lot of history...Spanish/pirates/forts, etc. We liked Panama a lot.

Archived