Sea Grape Beach

knothead

It was maybe a 5 minute cab ride from Sea Grape Beach to the pier. There is a taxi/bus stop at the beach entrance. The driver charged us $2.50 per person. I have no idea if that is standard. There is no fee to use the beach. They have chair rentals there for $10 each per day, and a few feet down the beach there are wooden shelters if you just want some shade without the chairs (free). They have showers, restrooms and an open air restaurant. The food was good but quite expensive.

Thank you so much - This sounds just like what I'm looking for. Can you answer one more ? about this? Are the taxis waiting to take you back to the pier? I would hate to be late for ship!

oops one more ? - Is the water nice here?

Went to GC last week. Taxi to Sea Grape was 4.00 pp. Taxi driver highly reccomended Sea Grape Beach. I wasn't dissapointed! Really nice "Island feel" with a lot of services. Lots of friendly helpers and it was very clean.Taxis were there all day for the ride back to ship...And the water was Fantastic! Worth going again

There are taxi/bus stops on both sides of the road. If you stand there a taxi (van) will stop in a few minutes. The taxis are really just vans, when they beep 2 times at you they are asking if you want a ride! Just allow plenty of time to get back. On our trip we did the Nativeway stingray tour at 9:30 a.m., they dropped us off at Sea Grape Beach around 1:00. We stayed there until 3:00, and spent about 90 minutes shopping around the pier. By arriving in the pier area around 3:00 we had no worries about making the last tender (5:00).

Sea Grape Beach here we come!!! I think we will enjoy some fun in the sun & water Then take a taxi back to town for some shopping!

one more question. Do they have a cafe/food court/snack bar? If so what kind of $$$? If not suggest where to get a bite to eat while at beach?

They have an open air restaurant and bar (the eating area is picnic tables under umbrellas, the bar is in the open air building). We had lunch there and the food is very good but expensive. Remember the exchange rate there and remember everything will cost more than it says! We ordered one cheeseburger w/fries, one hot dog, one order mozzerella cheese sticks, and 3 cokes and it cost $35 (US) before tip! My daughter reports it was the best hot dog she's ever had though! Obviously they have a captive audience. We were happy to get some lunch right there on the beach though without spending valuable time hunting around.

At this particular restaurant the menu prices were in Cayman dollars, but the bill stated both Cayman and US. You can find many currency converters online such as:

http://www.xe.com/ucc

If you are looking for a "fancy" restaurant you might check into the larger hotels along 7 Mile Beach.

I don't know it they are open for lunch...but Cassanova's (sit outside) is very good. It is North on the same side where you will get off the tenders. Just head north a block or two and you will be there. You could also take a taxi south a little ways and go to Crow's Nest. You'll get some great island cuisine there and the Key LIme Mousse for dessert is AWESOME! Again, check to be sure they are open for lunch! This is our favorite island in the whole Caribbean!

Archived