Using Priceline for Hotels

sbm22

For those of you who have successfully used Priceline for good hotels in San Juan, did you choose just the San Juan area or did you also choose Dorado? I have no idea of the Dorado area or how close to the pier it is. Thanks for your help!

I believe the Hyatt is the only selection in the Dorado area, and $75. is a super deal as the rack rate is over $400. But, I didn't realize it was so far out.

We're thinking of places for our pre and post cruise stays in January, but wouldn't want to rent a car just for one night - UNLESS we could rent it at the airport, keep it one night, and then return it somewhere close to the pier. Any information on that?

Last December we bid $75. for a 3 star hotel in Condado, and got the Raddison Ambassador. Was pleasantly surprised, it worked out well.

This is a link to the car rental agency Im going to use.

http://www.charliecars.com/New/locations.htm

I have heard good things on this board about them. Here is a excerpt from the page that caught my eye.

For your convenience, Charlie Car Rental counters may be found at the main baggage claim areas at the International San Juan Airport and we offer shuttle service to and from the airport.

Charlie Car Rentalallows pick up at our airport/Main Office location and drop off at our cruise ship area (Condado Office) at NO EXTRA CHARGE.

This is the Hyatt Dorado webpage.

http://doradobeach.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

how does Priceline work in terms of requesting an area? Can I request Old San Juan or Condado? I'm leary to try this.......afraid we'll get stuck with some dive! Is it best to request a 4 star at a certain price, to make sure it's a decent place? Thanks for any tips. I've never used Priceline. I've heard a mix of reports.......stories of people getting GREAT deals, as well as people getting stuck with a not-so-hot place. Thanks! :)

No, you can't request Old San Juan or Condado. They both are included in San Juan. There's only one hotel you would get in Old San Juan, and that's the Wyndham. Just bid "Resort" or "4 Star" in "San Juan" - and you won't end up in a dive. They are all very nice places. Around $75. seems to be a good point to be bidding.

Which hotels might show up under "resort" if you bid on those via Priceline for San Juan? Which ones for "4 star"? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

This site will provide a nice guide for priceline hotel ratings in Puerto Rico.

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm158.showMessage?topicID=44.topic

Other hotels could be added at anytime.

Archived